Keto Chocolate Mousse pulled together in under 10 minutes and with 4 easy ingredients. An easy chocolate treat doesn't get any better than this. This easy mousse recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Hey guys! Lindsay back from over at ThatsLowCarb.com. I'm excited to be here today to bring you one of my all-time FAVORITE treats right now. It is a weekly staple in my kitchen, I am obsessed with it.
It's summer which means easy no-bake treats! This recipe is versatile and can be enjoyed in numerous ways.
One of the main reasons I love this recipe is that I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. So when you are laying around and want something sweet with minimal work.. this is it.
Ingredients in Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Heavy Whipping Cream - you may use coconut fat for a dairy-free alternative. It would be about 2 (15oz) cans of coconut fat with the liquid removed. Place them in the refrigerator for about 2 hours, remove the solidified fat (that's what you want) and discard the liquid for another recipe or drink!
- Cream Cheese
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Sweetener of your choice. We personally like powdered swerve OR taking a monk fruit erythritol blend and pulsing in the blender to turn it into a finer powder. Your choice. We do have a Low Carb Sweetener Conversion Guide if you'd like to use another sweetener. Taryn's sweetener blend here at Joy Filled Eats will work if you grind it to a powder and use half the amount.
Expert tips for a fluffy keto mousse
It's rather easy once you get a hang of it. We've been making it for years, it's as simple as pouring into your stand mixer and beating the cream! You can use a hand mixer as well, but don't recommend this manually as it takes forever... It is a good workout though if you'd like to try!
Here are a few other tips to ensure fluffy chocolate whip (especially during warm seasons like this year)
- Metal Bowl – If you can use a chilled metal bowl. This will help quicken the process of turning the whipping cream to fluffy whipped cream.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – this is the only type of milk that will work. The highest amount of fat whipping cream you can find. I’ve found the cheaper brands of whipping cream sometimes won’t turn out to stiff whipped cream as they are missing the fat percentage needed. If you’ve beaten for 5-7 minutes and it is thicker but not into total stiff peaks adding a tablespoon or so of swerve can help with that.
- Be Patient – It will take about 4-5 minutes in an average temperature room for you to start seeing the whipping cream make its transition to whipped cream.
Ways to Enjoy this delicious Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Eat it plain! Just hand me the spoon. This might gross some people out (my husband) but gosh it's so delicious and satisfying.
- Dip fruit 🍎 🍓 🍌 🍒
- Top onto a cake, brownie or dip these lovely keto chocolate chip cookies into!
I chose the latter option with the cookies. Just so happened we had a batch of these cookies AND this delicious whip.. one thing led to another and 🤤.
So there you have it! However, you decide to enjoy this chocolate whip it will not disappoint.
A little bit goes a long way, it's so creamy and satisfying that even this tiny little bowl you see above is more than enough for me! Actually, I ate half of this bowl and finished the rest the next day. Eat Fat to feel full is the best concept ever and this is one of those perfect recipes for it!
I split the recipe into 5 servings which is about what you see in the serving above. I know it doesn't look like much but trust me. SO DELICIOUS AND SATISFYING!
Now excuse me while I devour this little bowl of Keto Chocolate Mousse happiness. 😉
Make sure to try this Keto Chocolate Pudding Pie next!
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Using a hand mixer beat ingredients together for 2 minutes, scrape down the sides of the bowl and continue mixing for another 3 minutes, or until mixture reaches stiff peaks and is thick and creamy.
- Taste and add additional sweetener, desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3 days.
Originally Published July 16, 2019. Revised and Republished May 20, 2020.