Tajin Cucumber Salad is just the side dish that your taste buds need. Just three simple ingredients make up this super flavorful salad. Crunchy, fast, and delicious - you're not going to find another cucumber salad quite like this. This low carb keto cucumber salad is certain to be a family favorite.
One of the best flavors of summer and warm weather just so happens to be cucumber salad. There's nothing more refreshing than thinly sliced cucumbers paired with the perfect dressing mixture.
While you can easily pair this creamy keto cucumber salad up with any main entree, it's truthfully perfectly delicious eaten all on its own. One bowl of this crunchy Tajin cucumber salad will have you loving your healthy food choices.
Get ready to love this simple cucumber recipe even more. All you need are three easy ingredients to get started!
- Cucumbers - Clean and slice them thin for this salad recipe. I like to leave stripes for a little color and texture.
- Tajin seasoning -The flavoring of this added ingredient is the star of the recipe. It is a lime chili powder seasoning that is mild and flavorful. It has added salt so you won't need to add any salt to the recipe. You can sprinkle some on a cucumber while you make this for a delicious Mexican cucumber snack.
- Mayonnaise -The mayo is used as a way to bind the Tajin seasoning to the sliced cucumbers.
- Cherry tomatoes (optional) - I like to add a few colorful grape tomatoes for a splash of color.
How To Make Tajin Cucumber Salad
If you've been looking for a simple cucumber salad recipe, this is the one! Just a few easy steps and you'll be loving every single bite.
Step One: Clean and slice the cucumbers. You can use a slicer or slice by hand, whatever works best for you.
Step Two: Mix together the Tajin seasoning and the mayonnaise into a bowl.
Step Three: Add the sliced cucumbers to the mixture and fold them together until the cucumbers are covered.
Expert Tip: Use a rubber spatula so it won't tear up the thinly sliced cucumbers.
Step Four: You can serve right away or set it in the fridge and let it cool.
An optional add-in is cherry tomatoes which add a fun pop of flavor and color. I add them in whole but you can slice them in half, too.
How do you store leftover Tajin cucumber salad?
You'll find that this easy side salad recipe is so simple to make and store! As long as you store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge, you'll be able to enjoy this Tajin cucumber recipe for several days.
Do you have to serve keto cucumber salad chilled?
This all really depends on your preference. I think that chilled cucumber salad has a great flavor and taste so I always like to have it set in the fridge for a few hours before serving it.
Why is my cucumber salad watery?
Cucumbers store a lot of water in them so you might have to let them set on a paper towel as you slice them. This is an easy way to soak up any extra liquid to keep your cucumber salad from being soggy. This Tajin cucumber salad does soften with time. The same way when you pickle cucumbers they soften. I love it just as much after a couple of days in the fridge when the cucumbers have softened and the dressing has thinned. The chile powder lime juice flavor is still there and just as refreshing.
How thin should the cucumbers be sliced?
You don't want them to be too thick or they're not going to have the flavor of seasoning throughout. Thinly sliced is easy to do if you have a mandolin slicer that can make even and similar slices.
Can other vegetables be added to Tajin cucumber salad?
You bet. I love to add in cherry tomatoes but I think that onions, scallions, or sliced sweet peppers are a great addition to keto cucumber salad as well. You can always play with the ingredients to find the perfect recipe for you and your tastebuds.
If you love Tajin make sure to also try our Tajin Chicken!
- 3 cucumbers
- 3 tablespoon Tajin seasoning
- ½-3/4 cup mayonnaise
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Clean and slice the cucumbers. You can use a slicer or slice by hand, whatever works best for you.
- Mix together the Tajin seasoning and the mayonnaise into a bowl.
- Add the sliced cucumbers to the mixture and fold them together until the cucumbers are covered.
- You can serve right away or set it in the fridge and let it cool.