Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are the indulgent treat you need to taste. In under 20 minutes, these keto cookies will be ready for you to sink your teeth into. They are delicious and only need 5 ingredients! The best part is that they are dairy-free, gluten free, keto, sugar free, and THM friendly.
I don't think there is a combination out there that is more perfect for each other than chocolate and peanut butter. They just compliment each other and are super decadent. When I get a craving, these keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are exactly what I need.
Okay, now back to these keto cookies! They are easy to make ahead and enjoy for days as a quick and easy sweet treat or snack. They also go over great at parties and potlucks too.
Any well stocked keto-friendly pantry probably has these 5 ingredients on hand. Let's take a look at what you'll need.
- Almond Meal - The best addition to these cookies is the almond meal. You can sub in almond flour but your cookies may seem dry. Almond meal has larger pieces of almonds and works better in this recipe.
- Smooth Peanut Butter - When you are shopping you need to find sugar free natural peanut butter to keep the cookies sugar free and low carb.
- Erythritol - If you don't have any erythritol, you can use xylitol as well. Both work and taste good.
- Eggs - The purpose of the eggs is to hold or bind the other ingredients together.
- Chocolate Chips - Sugar Free Chocolate Chips take these cookies to the next level. They are so tasty and I won't tell anyone if you sneak a few while you are making the cookies. 😉
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are about the easiest cookies you can make! Here are the easy-to-follow steps.
Step One: Turn on the oven to 350 degrees. Add parchment paper to a large cookie sheet.
Step Two: Combine the almond meal, peanut butter, erythritol, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and use a cookie scoop to make 12 cookies from the cookie dough.
Step Three: Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies have turned a golden brown color.
Step Four: Let the low carb peanut butter cookies sit for several minutes before removing them from the pan. They need to sit for 15-20 minutes and once they are set you can move them.
Step Five: Put the cookies on a cooling rack for a few hours to finish setting up.
Variations & Tips
These cookies are pretty versatile, so you can make several adjustments to vary them according to your tastebuds.
Chocolate Chips - You can skip the chocolate chips if you want. Or sub in white chocolate chips or low carb chocolate chunks for a fun twist. ChocZero even has peanut butter chips that you can use for a double peanut butter boost.
Nuts - Additionally, you can add in a few chopped nuts too. Chopped peanuts or almonds are my favorites, but others would be good too.
Crunchy - If you love crunch peanut butter and have some sugar free crunchy peanut butter, go for it. Naturally, the cookies will be extra crunchy and may not hold together as well as they do with smooth peanut butter. But the flavor is going to be just as good.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, absolutely! You will have 12 keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookies per batch. So you can easily double or even triple the recipe.
Just make sure you let them cool properly so they don't break apart when you try to move them.
Storage & Freezing
In general, I store all my low carb baked goods in the refrigerator. They last longer when chilled. But these cookies are fine in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days if you do not want to refrigerate them.
They also freeze well. Place in layers divided by parchment paper in an airtight container. Store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir the first four ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Mix in the chocolate chips. Form into 12 cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies start getting golden brown.
- Wait several minutes before moving the cookies off the tray when pulled out from the oven. They need around 15-20 minutes to cool off and set.
- After that, place the cookies on a cooling rack for a few hours before storing.