This Fresh Strawberry Jam is delicious on just about everything. It is really easy to make homemade strawberry jam sugar-free. It takes about ten minutes and four ingredients. When strawberries are in season and abundant it is worth it to make your own jam.
Fresh Strawberry Jam Sugar-Free, Low Carb, Keto, THM
I have enjoyed this jam with cottage cheese, waffles, coffee cake, and directly from the jar with a spoon. I still need to try it on top of vanilla ice cream and with shortbread cookies.
For a really special treat put a little on top of this no-bake strawberry cheesecake.
How to Make Strawberry Jam
The hardest part of this recipe is hulling the strawberries. I use a tiny paring knife, insert it a bit off center near the stem, and then turn the berry. The stem and hull come off all as one. The reason I suggest removing the hulls is that they are normally firm and flavorless.
How to Prep the Berries for Keto Jam
After hulling the berries give them a couple of good smashings with a potato masher. Just to get the juices flowing. After cooking and before chilling the jam will look like this:
Do I need to cook the jam?
Cook over medium heat until they are softened. Smash until no large pieces remain. Add the sweetener, lemon juice, and thickener. Transfer into jars. Store in the fridge and enjoy. Serve with toast, waffles, yogurt, cottage cheese, muffins, ice cream, just about anything.
- Add strawberries to a small stockpot. Smash a bit with a potato masher to get the juices flowing.
- Cook strawberries over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until softened. Smash until juicy with small pieces of strawberries.
- Add the other ingredients. Stir well and chill. This will thicken as it cools.
- Glucomannan is a thickening agent. If you prefer to sub in another thickening agent you may. Just add it according to its own directions.
- This jam freezes really well!
- This recipe makes about 1 1/2 pints of jam.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!