My Salted Caramel Popcorn is a delight. It only takes 5 ingredients and 15 minutes to whip up a batch of this sugar-free Trim Healthy Mama friendly treat.
Salted Caramel Popcorn - THM E, Sugar Free, Low Fat
This is a Trim Healthy Mama Energizing or E recipe. That means that it is low in fat and has a moderate amount of healthy carbs. The basis of THM is fuel cycling or splitting up meals into higher fat/low carb and low fat/healthy carb.
For my low carb and keto friends I'm sorry this probably has too many carbs for you. I think my method would also work on pork rinds. Come back and let me know if you try! Or try this Keto Popcorn recipe!
Sweetly candied popcorn is something I cannot have in the house. It is a food without brakes for me and I just grab a bite every once in a while until it's all gone. No sugar added sweet popcorn is one of the few products I have not seen commercially made.
The last time I made a batch of my cocoa krispies I thought to myself how well the syrup would work on popcorn. I was right! I spent a day last week playing around with different flavors.
My kids love popcorn too so a year or so ago we bought a silicone microwave popcorn popper. It's great. You just pour in some kernels, put the lid on, and microwave. They can do it themselves. That is a mom win in my book. We stock up on this organic white popcorn.
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 teaspoon caramel extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt (or more, to taste)
- Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- Melt the sweetener in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and add the extracts and salt.
- Pour the caramel syrup over the popcorn. Mix well. Spread on a waxed paper lined baking sheet to cool.