My Raspberry Lemonade Popcorn will quickly become your favorite snack. It is sweet and zesty with the flavors of lemon and raspberries in every bite. It reminds me of a warm summer day sipping lemonade on the porch.
I had surgery the end of November and I did something I absolutely do not recommend if you are dieting and I ordered a Prime Surprise Sweets box from Amazon. I was feeling a little sorry for myself needing the surgery and wanted to try it out. It came full of delicious sugary fattening sweets. My favorite sugary fattening sweet of all of them was the Lemon Raspberry Layer Cake Popcorn by Maddy & Maize. It was one of the best things I have ever eaten. I *needed* to make myself a healthy version.
When I was playing around with popcorn recipes a few weeks ago I realized how I could adapt my Salted Caramel Popcorn to have the flavor of Raspberry Lemonade. The first time I tried it with lemon extract it was a bit bitter. I'm not sure if it was the lemon extract I used or what but when I redid it with fresh lemon zest the flavor was perfect.
My popcorn recipes are as simple as melting some sweetener, adding flavoring, and pouring it over popped popcorn. I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with different flavors and I encourage you to do the same!
I purchased my freeze-dried raspberries at Target. If you can't find freeze-dried raspberries near you this would also work with freeze-dried strawberries and I've even seen those in Dollar Tree.
For another great sugar free recipe try my Baked Cherry Oatmeal.
Raspberry Lemonade Popcorn
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ⅓ cup freeze-dried raspberries broken into small pieces
- Put the popped popcorn and freeze-dried raspberry pieces in a large bowl.
- Melt the sweetener in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and add the lemon zest.
- Pour the lemon syrup over the popcorn. Mix well. Spread on a waxed paper lined baking sheet to cool.