Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect fall (or year-round) healthy treat. With fragrant pumpkin spice, fluffy dough, and cream cheese icing they will be a staple for your kitchen!
It's been a long time since I shared a reader recipe but when I saw these Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls by Amy I knew I wanted to share them with you!
My name is Amy Mitchell. I am a daughter of Christ, wife, mother of 5, and a lover of pastries and coffee. During my free time, I enjoy photography, coffee dates with friends, my kids’ sporting events, and loving people around me. My husband and I are enjoying this season of life we are currently in, with our children ranging from preschooler to teenager. God has blessed our life abundantly and we know the weeks are long but the years are shorter. This has become more and more a reality as we watch our oldest mature into a young adult right before our eyes.
I feel this saying sums up my life right now. “Thankful, Blessed, and kind of a Mess!”
Providing healthy meals for myself and my family have always been important to me, especially since I started my health journey in 2015. I have come to realize in this season of life I cannot put expectations or pressure on myself to deliver beautiful meals every night of the week. I have learned to give myself grace and realize that there will be times when my family’s meal is as simple as a sandwich. But, we are all fed and happy with little to no prep in the kitchen.
When I take the time to prepare healthy meals and snacks it makes me feel so much better. When the idea to make Sticky Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls came to mind, I told myself every day for a week that I would make these beauties. But, every day and every night something came up and I could not get around to making them. I was kind of okay with that because in the back of my mind I knew they would be a flop, again. I had tried so many cinnamon roll recipes that never hit the mark for me. Until one day I said enough is enough I will make myself a delicious treat and not feel guilty.
The recipe was created using past recipes that had flopped. I combined little components from each recipe along with a few of my own add-ins in hopes of a mid-day snack victory. And to my surprise, I had the most delightful, fluffy, ooey, gooey, sweet treat in under 45 minutes! Most of that time was in the oven.
Special Ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
I positively believe the shining ingredients in this recipe are the active dry yeast and the Swerve brown sugar. Please keep in mind the swerve brown sugar is a Trim Healthy Mama personal choice item due to fruit juice concentrate in the ingredients. You can always make your own “brown sugar” by adding ¼ t blackstrap molasses to your sweetener. I attribute the sticky cinnamon mixture to the swerve brown sugar.
Using yeast in a low carb recipe was something I came across several years ago but wasn’t sure if it was on the Trim Healthy Mama plan. After learning it was, I was so excited to add it to the recipe to see what magic might happen. Since there are no sugars in this recipe the yeast is not being fed, therefore it does not cause the dough to rise. It is simply there for extra flavor. Believe me, the flavor screams guilt but this recipe screams food freedom since it is low carb and sugar-free.
Enjoy this guilt-free THM S recipe. Trim Healthy Mama does not focus on calorie counting but we are conscious of what we are fueling our bodies with. This recipe contains quite a bit of cheese. This is a great recipe to make for special occasions without the lingering guilt other off-plan treats may bring.
Grab a cup of coffee or tea and dive right into these delicious cinnamon rolls.
Looking for more cinnamon roll inspired recipes? Try these:
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
- 3 cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
- 2 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- ½ cup Kerrygold Butter
- ½ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar Sweetener
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 tablespoon Heavy Whipping Cream
- Dash of Vanilla
- 2 tablespoon Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Pecans
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese together in a bowl, set aside bowl.
- Mix almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, yeast, xanthum gum, and eggs in a separate bowl.
- Combine the melted cheese mixture with the other dough ingredients and mix until completely combined. This will take a few minutes. Keeping your hands damp will keep the dough from sticking to your hands while mixing.
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape on a silicone mat. Rolling until the dough is about ¼ inch thick.
- Combine all the filling toppings to a small bowl. Melt this mixture together.
- Spread the cinnamon filling over top of the dough
- Slowly roll along the long end of the dough being careful to not lose the cinnamon filling.
- Cut the log into 10 pieces.
- Place the cut cinnamon rolls into a greased baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes turn off the oven and allow the rolls to stay in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooling mix the toppings together in a bowl.
- Spread the topping mixture onto the top of the cinnamon rolls.
- Enjoy while warm or store in the refrigerator and reheat another time to enjoy.