My Cinnamon Roll Waffles were my first recipe to hit it big right away. I was so surprised because this was such an easy recipe. Sometimes I spend months thinking about and planning a recipe. And then sometimes it’s about 5 minutes of brain power. This was a 5-minute recipe! It is so easy and so delicious. I reduced the size so you can make just a waffle for one with the same delicious flavors.
Cinnamon Roll Waffle for One – Keto Low Carb Gluten-Free
One of my blogger friends Jennifer from A Home With Purpose said I should make a single serve option too. What a great idea! A lot of the time I am just cooking low carb and Trim Healthy Mama food for me.
My family eats about 50% on plan and 50% off. A single serving of these waffles are perfect when I’m afraid I’ll eat two or three. They are filling but delicious and I’ve always had trouble sticking to regular portion sizes.
Ingredients for Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Waffles:
Almond Flour – I’ve really come to prefer almond flour in baked goods. It gives a tender crumb in cakes, cookies, and biscuits.
Coconut Flour – Coconut flour helps to balance the oiliness of almond flour since it is naturally drier and absorbs more liquid than other alternative flours. Just a little bit of coconut flour goes a long way.
Ground Golden Flax – Flax has a ton of fiber and the golden variety has a very mild taste. You can use the golden flax or sub in additional almond flour for this ingredient.
Cottage Cheese – this is my secret ingredient in low carb waffles. It boosts the nutrition and I promise you can’t taste it at all
Vanilla – Since the price of vanilla is high I decided to try a Mexican vanilla extract. It is much much cheaper than other vanilla extracts and I’ve have been happy with the results.
Baking Powder or Baking Soda – I’ve had readers use both successfully
Sugar-Free Sweetener – I like to use a blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. By using a combination of sugar alcohols and stevia you can use half the amount required of regular sugar. You can purchase this pre-mixed from the Trim Healthy Mama website or mix your own according to my recipe. Since these sweeteners can be more expensive this helps with my food budget.
This shows 2 waffles. The single-serve recipe will make one large Belgian waffle for one or two regular sized waffles.
Now you can make just a Cinnamon Roll Waffle for One with the same delicious flavors as my family sized version.
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese 4% fat works best
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend or my local baking mix: equal parts almond flour, coconut flour, and ground golden flax
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking powder or soda I've had readers use both successfully
- 1.5 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- Put the cottage cheese in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the cream cheese and process until smooth. Add the other ingredients and pulse until they are thoroughly incorporated.
- Stir together the ingredients for the cinnamon swirl.
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray. Spoon on the batter and drizzle on some of the cinnamon swirl. Swirl it in gently with a toothpick, knife, or spoon. (I put it in a ziploc and piped a swirl but you really couldn't see it after it was cooked so don't bother).
- Cook until golden brown. Remove carefully.
- While the waffle is cooking stir together icing ingredients and set aside. Spread the icing on the waffle and serve.
Notes on Sweeteners:
To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
Original Published July 7, 2016. Revised and Republished December 27, 2018.