This Grilled Paneer Salad is the perfect way to satisfy your Indian craving in warmer weather. Paneer cheese, sweet peppers, and onions are coated with a cilantro-mint chutney and grilled to perfection.
Grilled Paneer Salad – Low Carb, Grain Free, THM S, Vegetarian
Our local Indian take-out joint used to have a salad just like this. It was one of my go-to orders when my hubby and I got take out for a home date night. The paneer turns it from a salad into an entree.
This grilled paneer salad and a chicken kati roll and my meal was complete. I still haven’t figured out a way to make those low carb or THM friendly but someday I will. They are Indian street food at it’s finest.
I am a bit of a wimp with spicy food. When ordering Indian I have to ask for it to be mild or my mouth is on fire with the first bite.
After making the chutney just rub it on the veggies and cheese and toss them on the grill. The one and the only problem is that I lost a few peppers and onions through the grates. Next time I should put the veggies in a grill basket or on a liner.
Indian green chutney traditionally has green chiles but I left those out entirely. Next time I make this I may add a small piece of one and hope I can take the heat.
Green Chutney Ingredients: cilantro leaves, fresh mint leaves, onion, lime juice, fresh ginger, garlic, cumin, salt
Pair with a protein or just eat this as your entree! Either way, my grilled paneer salad is a great addition to your menu.
Green Chutney Ingredients:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 of a small onion peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 tbsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- green chile optional
- green chutney recipe above, divided
- 12 oz block of paneer cheese
- 1 small onion peeled and cut into quarters
- 8 mini peppers cut in half, stems and seeds removed
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Combine all the chutney ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Coat the cheese and prepared vegetables with half of the chutney.
- Grill the cheese and vegetables for about 5 minutes per side. Remove the cheese when both sides have nice grill lines. Remove the veggies when they are softened.
- To assemble the salad put the lettuce on a large platter. Top with the veggies. Cut the paneer into cubes and add to the salad. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt. Serve with the additional green chutney.