Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. With a layer of brownies, and then a layer of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and then a layer of chocolate ganache this beats Carvel any day of the week.
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake – Keto, Low Carb, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, THM S
My kids love mint chocolate chip ice cream all year long. I prefer it around Christmas when candy canes appear in the stores. (Or should I say September? Because we all know that is when Christmas decorations are starting to appear nowadays).
When I made my Fudge Brownie Pie last week I realized I should’ve halved the batter. I had way too much batter to pour into the pie crust. I carefully divided it and baked half in the pie and half in a loaf pan. I wasn’t exactly sure if I wanted to make ice cream sandwiches or an ice cream cake.
After a bit of thought, I decided on the ice cream cake. That way I would get the brownie base, the ice cream, and then the ganache topping. There is no room for ganache in ice cream sandwiches
This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake looks like it has a ton of ingredients but many are repeated. If I’m counting right it only has 12 individual ingredients and it is easier to make than it looks!
3 oz dark 85% chocolate
6 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup almond flour
1 tsp coconut flour
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate or sugar free chocolate chips
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup half and half
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 egg yolks ***
1 tbsp glycerin
1 tsp peppermint extract
2.5 – 3 oz 85% dark chocolate bar, finely chopped
green food coloring, optional (I didn’t use any but I wish I had put in a couple drops)
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
4 oz heavy cream
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake. With a layer of brownies, mint chocolate chip ice cream, & chocolate ganache this beats Carvel any day of the week.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 egg yolks ***
- 1 tbsp glycerin
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup Gentle Sweet or my sweetener, finely ground
- 2.5 - 3 oz 85% dark chocolate bar finely chopped
- green food coloring optional (I didn't use any but I wish I had put in a couple drops)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. Add the sweetener, vanilla, flours, and eggs and stir until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Spread the brownie batter on top. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely.
- You can either make the brownie base a day or two ahead or make it the same day as the rest of the cake. Just make sure to chill it for at least an hour in the refrigerator. It should be very cold before proceeding.
- To make the ice cream combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream finishes churning spread it on top of the chilled brownies. Freeze for at least one hour before adding the ganache.
- To make the ganache microwave the chocolate and heavy cream at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the sweetener. Cool to room temperature. Spread on top of the frozen ice cream.
- Let this sit out for 20 minutes before slicing. Simply lift the ice cream out of the pan by the parchment. Slice it on a cutting board with a sharp knife. Enjoy!