This amazing sandwich is inspired by The Fancy at Mike & Patty's in Boston, Massachusetts. My husband and I went to Bar Harbor and Boston for our 10th-anniversary trip back in 2013. Beforehand I researched all the food I wanted to eat. Half the fun of vacations for me is the planning that I do ahead of time. I love to research options for excursions and meals. Then I love to come home and recreate my favorites. After eating The Fancy I had to come home and make it again. It has become a standard in our home for weekend breakfasts.
My easy way to make a spicy mayo is to add hot sauce and garlic salt to a prepared mayonnaise. I try to have this blend in the fridge to add flavor to dips, wraps, sandwiches, and more. TABASCO® Sauce has only a few simple ingredients and a ton of flavor. Vinegar, salt, and peppers are the only ingredients.
One of my favorite ways to entertain is to set out sandwich ingredients and let my guests build their own sandwiches. This is a great way to keep entertaining simple. Cook up some eggs and bacon, slice up some nice ripe avocados, put out cheese and bread, and make my easy spicy mayo. You can feed a crowd in no time with this egg sandwich recipe.
Avocados are an exciting addition to many foods. Guacamole is versatile and delicious. If you need an easy guacamole recipe check out my Keto Guacamole.
If you are following Trim Healthy Mama this recipe would be a crossover if you use Ezekiel bread like I did. To make this an S recipe you can use any of the fuel pull loaves of bread in the cookbooks or on Pinterest. There are also many low carb or S breads online as well.
Want to see some more ways to use avocado? Check out these posts:
The Loaded Egg Sandwich
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 oz cheddar cheese thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion chopped
- 4 slices Ezekiel bread or other low carb or Trim Healthy Mama bread of choice
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Crack the eggs into the frying pan and cook until the yolk has just set.
- Meanwhile, stir together the mayo, hot sauce, and garlic salt.
- To assemble spread mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Sprinkle some red onion on two of the pieces, those will be the bottoms. Then layer the eggs, bacon, cheese, and avocado. Top with the second slice of bread. Enjoy!