These Keto Vanilla Cookies pair perfectly with a cup of tea or a mug of your favorite coffee. They are buttery and crisp with the sweetness of vanilla in every bite.
One of my favorite things to do is bake. I find it relaxing and enjoyable. As I type this I have a perfectly clean kitchen downstairs (which doesn’t happen too often) and I’m dying to go mess it up. A sink free of dishes is just begging for the next baking project to start.
These almond flour cookies hit the spot both tastewise and for baking enjoyment.
How to Make Keto Vanilla Cookies
These take just a few minutes to make. Simply process the ingredients in a food processor for a minute or two until the dough comes together in a ball.
Then scoop the dough or make shapes with cookie cutters.
How to Make Vanilla Cut Out Cookies
I decided to try this dough to make cut out cookies. And it worked. Sort of. Instead of the traditional method of cutting them out and them moving to the cookie sheet you need to remove the dough between the shapes. It is too soft to move the shapes. But if you don’t mind trying this reverse method they held their shape while baking and were delicious.
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
xylitol, ground into a powder (or another powdered sweetener)
Can I Freeze These Keto Vanilla Cookies?
Yup! With Christmas coming I want to get a few dozen cookies into the freezer to pull out for when we decorate our tree, have family or friends over, or just want a treat along with a mug of hot chocolate.
Other Keto Cookies for Christmas:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the dough ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- To make round cookies: Divide into 20 balls and put on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press down with your fingers.
- To make cut out cookies: Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Remove the top sheet. Make shapes in the dough 1-2 inches apart. Remove the dough in between the shapes. Repeat with remaining dough. ***
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.
- Stir together the ingredients for the icing. Spread on the cooled cookies. Set them on waxed paper and refrigerate to harden the icing so they can be stacked.
Originally Published November 16, 2017. Revised and Republished July 13, 2019.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!