This Ham & Cheddar Chicken Skillet Recipe was a winner winner chicken dinner in my house. All the kids had seconds or thirds. And it is made in one pan and ready in thirty minutes.
Ham & Cheddar Chicken Skillet Recipe – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
We got home from the pool late one night a couple weeks ago. It is pretty rough walking in the door at 5:30 with four wet, hungry children. I’m always grateful for the time we have together splashing and playing but the transition times can be rough.
Luckily, I had a package of chicken tenders in the fridge and those cook very quickly. I threw them in a frying pan and stared in the fridge for a good five minutes trying to decide what exactly I was going to do with them. My kids love creamy, cheesy casseroles so I decided to make the chicken tenders creamy and cheesy in a skillet instead.
I decided to use cottage cheese to make the cream sauce for this meal lighter and with more protein than a typical butter and heavy cream sauce. My kids and husband had no idea there was cottage cheese in the sauce.
2 lb. chicken tenders (or breasts cut into smaller pieces)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 cup 4% cottage cheese
4 oz cream cheese
4 oz cooked deli ham, chopped
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1-2 bags steam in bag frozen vegetables, prepared as directed (I used cauliflower)
- 2 lb. chicken tenders or breasts cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 4 oz cooked deli ham chopped
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1-2 bags steam in bag frozen vegetables prepared as directed (I used cauliflower)
- Preheat a large skillet to medium high and spray with cooking spray. Add the chicken tenders. Sprinkle with the 1/2 tsp garlic salt. Cook, flipping halfway, until fully cooked (160 degrees).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet. Cover it and reduce to low. Cook for five minutes. Stir. If all the cheese had melted you can add the veggies and serve. If it hasn't cook for a few more minutes until it is all melted.