Grab a bowl of this homemade Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream. It is rich, creamy, buttery, and full of toasted pecans. All your dessert dreams will come true with every bite. You can feel good about eating it because it’s low carb, keto, made without grains, and gluten-free too.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ancient Nutrition. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This isn’t your typical ice cream recipe! It has Ancient Nutrition Collagen to give you a boost of healthy goodness in every spoonful. The Multi Collagen Protein is geared to help give your skin, gut, nails, hair, and joints with valuable nutrients boost your health. I've noticed my skin, nails and hair are amazing after taking it for over a month.
I normally use unflavored collagen just in my morning coffee so I wanted to find a more unique way to enjoy it in the evening. If you like to enjoy a nightly dessert, especially one that is health-focused, you will join me in your love of this amazing keto ice cream.
Benefits of Ancient Nutrition Collagen
- The collagen powder has been proven to improve the appearance of crow’s feet after 28 days.
- It will promote thicker hair that is less likely to break.
- The collagen comes from four food sources: beef, chicken, eggshell membrane, and fish.
- Reduces stiffness in joints such as your knees (quickly and sustained over time).
- Made without Hormones
- Cage-free, Cruelty-Free, Grass-Fed and Pasture-Raised so you can feel good about it.
- Contains 18 different Amino Acids
- Can be used any time of day.
- Helps you increase flexibility after a certain time of use.
You can add the Ancient Nutrition Collagen to all your favorite recipes like this homemade Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream! You can also mix it into your coffee, add it to your oatmeal, mix it in desserts, drink it in plain water, or add it to your smoothie. There really isn’t a wrong way to add it to your diet.
The thing I love the most about collagen is that it doesn’t change the flavor of your food because it’s unflavored. It’s so beneficial, and you won’t even notice that it’s in your drinks or recipes.
What You’ll Need
You’ll just need nine ingredients, and this low carb keto ice cream is going to please your taste buds! It has toasted pecans, so what’s not to love?
- Heavy Cream - It’s the key ingredient to super creamy and delicious ice cream.
- Reduced Carb Whole Milk or Almond Milk - Both are great options and will taste great, so use whichever works best for your needs.
- Sweetener - I use a blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia but you can use any sweetener in this recipe.
- Ancient Nutrition Collagen - The boost of protein to make this ice cream fulfilling.
- Egg Yolks - I use raw egg yolks which make ice cream extra creamy but if you prefer you can temper the ice cream base by heating it gently until bubbles form around the edge, since raw eggs aren’t recommended for everyone and can sometimes have risks associated with them. Another option is to purchase pasteurized eggs.
- Glycerin - Glycerin is always optional in my ice cream recipes but it does make them easier to scoop after being stored in a cold freezer.
- Butter Extract - Using butter extract gives the ice cream a burst of buttery flavor that is incredible.
- Vanilla - Just a bit enhances the flavor of the other ingredients
- Toasted Pecans - It takes about 5 minutes to toast your pecans but really boosts the flavor.
How To Make Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
There are very few steps involved in making homemade ice cream. Once you take the plunge and make it, you will see how easy it is. Let’s get started.
Step One: Begin by adding the heavy cream, milk, sweetener, collagen, egg yolks, glycerin, butter extract, and vanilla together in a blender.
Step Two: Add the mixture to the ice cream machine and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Step Three: After the ice cream has churned, gently fold in the pecans and place the ice cream in a freezer container. Put the ice cream in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
How to Toast Pecans
Spread the pecans out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in a preheated oven to 400 degrees and bake for 5 minutes. Cook until they are golden brown and fragrant.
It’s not required to toast them for my low carb butter pecan ice cream recipe, but it does bring out the flavor of the pecans. I prefer them to be toasted, but you can skip that step if you want.
Could I Swap The Pecans For Another Nut?
Sure! The key ingredient is the pecans, but if you have an allergy or just don’t like pecans, it’s fine to explore other nut options. They are all good, and you’ll be able to create some fun recipes.
How Long Will Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream Last?
As long as you keep the keto ice cream frozen and in a sealed container, it will last 1-2 weeks. If you notice that there are ice crystals that have formed, it smells strange or it looks like it has melted, then it’s time to discard it.
You can buy special containers that are made for ice cream, such as these from Tovolo, or you can save the store-bought containers that are made of plastic. They can be washed and reused.
What Ice Cream Maker Do I Need?
When it comes to ice cream makers, there are TONS out there to choose from. Purchasing a good-quality ice cream maker is a game-changer because homemade ice cream is so delicious. My preference is the Cuisinart 1.5 quart Ice Cream Maker. I use that for all of my ice cream recipes like my White Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream, Keto Coffee Ice Cream, and Cannoli Ice Cream.
- Put all the ingredients except the pecans in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream is finished churning fold in the pecans and transfer to a freezer storage container. Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
- To Toast Pecans: Preheat oven to 400. Spread in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant.