This quick and easy Garlic Chicken One Pot with Veggies comes together in just one pot. Although simple, this meal really packs a flavor punch and also packs well as lunch the next day.
One Pot Parmesan Garlic Chicken One Pot Dish with Broccolini and Zucchini - Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
Hi, Donna from Whole Food Bellies here with a quick and easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken One Pot dish which, although simple, packs a real flavor punch making it something the whole family can get behind.
This garlic chicken one pot dish has everything going for it: low carb, high taste, lots of protein, and cheese...you have to have the cheese. Plus it all comes together in just 15 minutes in one saucepan. I say all that combines to make this a pretty perfect meal during a busy week.
How To Butterfly A Chicken Breast
Here in Australia, we can get a schnitzel cut of chicken, and this is what I use to make this meal quick and easy to cook with no chance of dry overcooked chicken, because who wants that? I don't recall ever seeing that particular cut in the US so instead, we are going to butterfly a whole chicken breast. Don't worry, this is easy. You basically just cut the breast down the middle to make two thin strips of the breast. See the photo below and recipe notes for some guidance.
What Other Vegetables Can We Use in a Chicken One Pot Meal?
After that we season the chicken well, cook it for about 2-3 minutes on each side before removing it from the pan and cooking the vegetables. I have used broccolini and zucchini here because I love that combination, but it would work well with some:
- cherry tomatoes;
- pre-cooked pumpkin squares;
- pre-cooked sweet potato squares;
- whatever other vegetables you have on hand that will cook up well with a quick sauté in the saucepan.
In terms of the seasoning, we keep it pretty simple. Lots of garlic and a good sprinkle of parmesan cheese and fresh basil once everything is cooked work just perfectly. Plus most people have these ingredients on hand on a daily basis, making this garlic butter chicken and veg dish a great choice for a last minute meal.
I love to sprinkle a handful of chopped nuts on top as well for a little bit of crunch.
More One-Pot Inspiration
Looking for more one-pot inspiration? My Instant Pot Turkey and Sweet Potato Chilli is not only a reader favorite but is also lightened up and boasts some robust flavors. It comes together in one pot in the pressure cooker and is ready to serve in just 30 minutes.
Likewise, this Slow Cooker Garlicky Herbed Cauliflower Mash comes together all in the slow cooker and acts as a great side to meals like this garlic butter chicken and veg, if like me you feel the need for some pseudo-carbs on occasion.
This Chicken Carbonara Recipe has all the flavors of the classic in just one pot. Stir in some cauliflower for a cheesy one dish meal!
Garlic Chicken One Pot with Veggies
- 2 large chicken breasts (about 2 pounds) butterflied (see notes for notes)
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 bunch broccolini trimmed and halved
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon baby basil leaves torn
- lemon wedges to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful chopped nuts for serving (optional)
- Season the butterflied chicken breasts well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden. Remove from the saucepan, transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Place the rest of the butter in the same saucepan and melt. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Add in the broccolini and zucchini and cook for about 3 minutes until tender but still crispy. Return the chicken to the pan and heat everything through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, slice, and place onto serving plates with the vegetables. Scatter over the basil leaves and parmesan and give everything a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Enjoy