These Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms are hearty enough for dinner and will please even the pickiest palate. They taste just like pizza! With gigantic mushrooms to use, shredded chicken, & a pizza craving I combined all three to a dinner knock-out.
Keto Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
Having shredded chicken cooked can be a lifesaver. There have been many nights when 5pm rolls around and I have no idea what to feed my family. These Pizza Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms saved dinner last week. We love my Pizza Chicken Casserole but I had these gigantic mushrooms to use up so I took similar ingredients and turned them into stuffed mushrooms.
If you haven’t noticed my husband and I love mushrooms. I have several mushroom recipes already and will probably post one at least every month or two for the rest of my blogging career.
But today I’m giving you a new stuffed mushroom recipe with an Italian American twist. These really do have the best flavors of pizza jammed inside.
Ingredients for Keto Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms
- large white mushrooms with the stems removed
- shredded chicken (cooked ground sausage or ground turkey work well too!)
- ricotta cheese (mascarpone is another great choice)
- mozzarella cheese
- marinara sauce (make sure to pick one without added sugar)
- dried minced garlic
Even more Keto Mushroom Recipes:
These Sausage & Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms are also excellent. They are a bit more work but so tasty.
If you want a vegetarian option I also have Two Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. These are on the lighter side since a good portion of the filling is shredded zucchini. They go perfectly as a side dish to soup or salad.
- 8 large white mushrooms stems removed
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce make sure to pick one without added sugar
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can save them for another use or discard them.
- Combine the chicken, ricotta cheese, half the mozzarella, and the tomato sauce. Mix well. Divide between the mushrooms. Sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the filling is hot and golden.