Having shredded chicken cooked can be a life saver. There have been many nights when 5pm rolls around and I have no idea what to feed my family. These Pizza Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms saved dinner last week. We love my Pizza Chicken Casserole but I had these gigantic mushrooms to use up so I took similar ingredients and turned them into stuffed mushrooms.
If you haven’t noticed my husband and I love mushrooms. I have several mushroom recipes already and will probably post one at least every month or two for the rest of my blogging career.
These Sausage & Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms are also excellent. They are a bit more work but so tasty.
If you want a vegetarian option I also have Two Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. These are on the lighter side since a good portion of the filling is shredded zucchini. They go perfectly as a side dish to soup or salad.
But today I’m giving you a new stuffed mushroom recipe with an Italian American twist. These really do have the best flavors of pizza jammed inside.
Pizza Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms – Low Carb, Grain Free, THM S
Scroll to the bottom for a printable version of this recipe.
8 large white mushrooms, stems removed
2 cups shredded chicken
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup marinara sauce (make sure to pick one without added sugar)
1 tsp dried minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 400.
Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can save them for another use or discard them.
Combine the chicken, ricotta cheese, half the mozzarella, and the tomato sauce. Mix well. Divide between the mushrooms. Sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the filling is hot and golden.
These Pizza Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms stuff all the flavors of Chicken Parmesan into mushrooms. They are a great app or entree!
- 8 large white mushrooms stems removed
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce make sure to pick one without added sugar
- 1 tsp dried minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. You can save them for another use or discard them.
- Combine the chicken, ricotta cheese, half the mozzarella, and the tomato sauce. Mix well. Divide between the mushrooms. Sprinkle on the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the filling is hot and golden.