Everything but the fridge Baked Frittata here. It’s exactly what it says it is. Use up all those ingredients sitting in the fridge and let’s meal-prep for the upcoming week in low carb style
Baked Frittata - Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
Hey guys! Lindsay back from over at ThatsLowCarb.com. Today we are bringing you exactly what you think we are. Everything that's sitting in your fridge coming together for a magical breakfast? Well, it’s Frittata time.
EVERYTHING BUT THE FRIDGE FRITTATA 101
It’s not really a secret how we make these frittatas. Open fridge. Seek out odds and ends of veggies and protein. Mix. Bake. Enjoy!
Every Sunday we have leftover vegetables sitting in the refrigerator that need to be used up and seriously baking it all up is THE BEST solution. We try to not waste food as much as possible so if you are looking at how to use up leftover veggies here you go!
Baked Frittata is a fabulous low carb and keto-friendly breakfast food. Protein-packed and SOOOOO good. Everything but the fridge frittata is perfect for meal prep as well - easy to freeze, reheat and go.
- Storage solutions: We are a fan of using food savers for foods like this frittata. Not only does it help with meal prep, but it makes these easier to take and go. Breakfast at work is a struggle but doesn’t have to be. Portion out the frittata you’ll eat straight away, the rest can be prepared to freeze. Place your frittatas on a sheet pan uncovered, then place in freezer bags. OR you can use a food saver to seal your frittatas and freeze.
- Make and take: When you’re ready, pop out two mini muffins (or one) and 1-1.5 minutes of reheating. Sometimes, we cheat and go full frittata for lunch instead. Because breakfast rules were made to be broken.
We love cutting up an avocado in the morning to go with this for that extra fatty goodness as well. We've personally have started tracking our macros, even more, using this free keto macro calculator so what we realized is we need WAY more fat in our diet to reach our goals.
What you'll want extra on hand to plan for this baked frittata
The one ingredient you'll just have to make sure you've got on hand is an entire carton of eggs. This frittata requires AT LEAST 12 eggs. You can use more if you'd like but you'll want at least 12 to cover the veggies and fill a 9x13 pan.
We actually run out of eggs ALL OF THE TIME in our household. It drives me crazy. We buy the 18 packs and STILL run out. My family is obsessed with eggs these days (queue frittata).
So be sure to save at least a carton of eggs for this recipe. 🙂
Some inspired other mix-ins:
Cheese: Mozzarella cheese, cheddar and even a little bit of pepper jack can add a gooey deliciousness.
Veggies: There is no shortages of veggies that can make the magic happen when it comes to Frittatas. Our personal favorites? Onion, garlic, peppers and spinach. Alllll the veggies. We love bell pepper on our chicken crust pizza so always have little bits leftover of bell pepper.
Bacon and or sausage: Really, any meat can add a little flavor and punch of protein. But keep in mind, if your meat is super greasy it can impact the consistency. A little goes a long way. Bacon is our favorite, we cook it up first, degrease with paper towel and chop up before putting it in the mix.
- Lunch Meat: One of the easiest ways is to use up lunch meat from the week. We almost always have deli ham on hand for these ham cream cheese roll ups so it's a super easy ingredient to chop up and add into the
Bonus garnishes: Pesto or balsamic vinegar. Oh, how we LOVE a little balsamic drizzle. It’s unexpectedly amazing. Got some leftover salsa? Pop a little on top and yum the day away.
More Keto Brunch Recipes:
- 1 ½ cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup chopped deli ham
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper , chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ½ cups chopped mushrooms
- 12 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash freshly ground pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 9x13 pan by greasing with butter, oil or coconut oil.
- Add asparagus, ham, onion, bell pepper, cheese and mushrooms into 9x13 pan.
- In a bowl quickly whisk together eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper until eggs are combined.
- Pour over the vegetables. Stir ingredients together to ensure eggs fill all the crevices around the vegetables and meats.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until center of frittata is cooked through at center and toothpick comes out clean.