My Keto Tuscan Chicken Casserole Recipe with creamy sun-dried tomato sauce on top of tender chicken and covered with provolone is incredible. You would never know how easy this is or that it has less than 10 ingredients. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
This Keto Tuscan Chicken Casserole was amazing. I enjoy my recipes (or I wouldn't share them) but this was over the top good. I would serve it for dinner company I wanted to impress any day of the week.
One of my favorite things ever is the sun-dried tomato sauce at Olive Garden. In my vegetarian days, I loved the Portobello Mushroom Ravioli there. I would dip my breadsticks in the sauce and sigh in satisfaction.
If you love those mushroom ravioli as much as I did make sure to check out my Tuscan Stuffed Mushrooms!
Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
I don't eat ravioli anymore. I don't love pasta enough to try any of the homemade low carb versions out there so I decided to make a similar sauce for chicken. The sun-dried tomato sauce was always the best part of that dish and it is the best part of my Keto Tuscan Chicken Casserole as well. I had to refrain myself from licking the casserole dish as I was putting away the leftovers. I did scrape every bit I could off with the spatula. Which I did lick. Repeatedly.
Ingredients in Tuscan Chicken
- chicken tenders
- sun-dried tomatoes
- cream cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- garlic powder
- baby spinach
- provolone cheese
How to Make Keto Tuscan Chicken
I make this Tuscan Chicken Recipe with fresh chicken tenders. I bake them, drain any excess cooking liquid, and then cover with the sundried tomato sauce, spinach, and cheese.
Once the casserole is prepared you can wait to bake it. I prepped it in the early afternoon, put it in the fridge, and then baked it right before dinner. You will need to increase the final baking time if it is cold when you put it in the oven.
Can I use frozen chicken?
Yes. Just cook the chicken, drain the liquid, and then add the sun-dried tomato sauce, spinach, and cheese.
Can I use leftover cooked chicken?
You can also just make this Keto Tuscan Chicken Recipe with leftover cubed or shredded chicken or thinly sliced chicken breasts. Just proceed with the sauce recipe and adjust the cooking time as needed.
- 3 lb chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon warm water
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon roasted or regular garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz cooking liquid from the chicken or chicken stock
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook the chicken tenders until cooked through. I cook mine in a covered casserole dish for 30 minutes at 350. Reserve 3 oz of the cooking liquid and drain the rest.
- In a small blender or food processor puree the sun-dried tomatoes and warm water until they are pureed. Add the basil and process until it is chopped.
- In a medium bowl mix the sun-dried tomato puree, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt, and cooking liquid or chicken stock. Once it is pretty smooth, mix in the spinach.
- Spread the sauce on top of the chicken tenders. Top with the provolone cheese. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.