What could be better than beautiful little Strawberry Lemon Cake Bites with a Cheesecake Swirl? Not much. These are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a tea party.
Strawberry Lemon Cake – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free, THM S
I originally set out to make scones but these came out more cakey than sconey and they were so delicious I didn’t want to mess up the recipe tweaking it. I scored this cute Nordic Ware Mini Scone Pan for $3 at a rummage sale a few weeks ago. I’ve always wanted one so I was thrilled to get such a great deal.
A local Visiting Nurses Association has a huge rummage sale (thousands of people and dozens of tents) in October and May and I try to go each time. Many of my blog props are from that kitchen tent. I love the feeling of finding little treasures amidst the chaos.
I got nervous about the batter releasing from the pan and baked half in the scone pan and half in a cupcake tin. But I shouldn’t have. They popped out easily. This pan is amazing!
Note: At this time Stevia Kitchens Jam is not available. I hope they do bring it back soon. In the meantime you can make your own Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam with my easy recipe.
One the best new low carb and Trim Healthy Mama products on the market are the jams from Stevia Kitchens. They are sweetened with erythritol and organic stevia. They are low carb, low sugar, diabetic friendly, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly. This is a great small company to support.
I’ve had the pleasure of sampling all three of Stevia Kitchens jams and enjoyed them all. I can’t decide if the strawberry or the blackberry is my favorite. I’ve never been a huge grape jelly fan (I was the rare kid that hated PB&J sandwiches) but theirs was delicious. You can see the grape jelly here slathered on my Sprouted Quinoa Bread.
Strawberry Lemon Cake Triangles – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
1.5 cups almond flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Stevia Kitchens Strawberry Jam
1 tbsp butter
I spread a little extra jam on a strawberry lemon cake and then took a bite. And repeated. I had two of the cupcakes for breakfast and then ate the two triangles on the plate after the photo shoot. With no regrets.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the batter ingredients (except the berries) and mix until smooth. Gently fold in the strawberries. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Put half the batter into a mini scone pan, cupcake tin, or other individual baking pan. Drop spoonfuls of the filling on top. Spoon on the rest of the batter. It's ok if some of the filling peeks through.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze and mix until smooth. I processed for a few seconds in my rocket blender. Spread the glaze on the warm tea cakes.
- Serve with additional Stevia Kitchens Strawberry Jam.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!