Moist cakey keto donuts topped with crumbs and covered with a sweet glaze. I wanted to make a copycat to the Entenmann’s Glazed Crumb Donuts but didn’t succeed. These are much better. I won’t be tempted to grab one of those boxed assortments anymore. This easy recipe is low carb, keto, gluten free, grain free, sugar free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
After a few flops in the kitchen last week I was thrilled to nail these keto donuts on my first try. These are amazing. My husband enjoyed them and was disappointed I set some aside to take more photos of instead of just letting them all get devoured right away. And a friend who was over said she couldn’t believe how moist they were and loved the contrast between the donut and the crumbs.
Do I NEED a donut pan?
This is the donut pan I used. If you do not have a donut pan I’d recommend ordering one.
If you really don’t want want to buy a donut pan you can make the crumb donuts into little muffins.
Having the hole in the center helps the dough to cook evenly though so I do recommend the investment. And just think of all the donuts in your future once you have a donut pan.
How to Make Glazed Crumb Donuts
Step 1: Put the batter in the donut pan.
Step 2: Pile crumbs on top of each donut.
Step 3: Bake until golden brown.
Step 4: Pour the sweet, sticky glaze over the donuts.
How to store keto baked goods
I store all my baked goods in the refrigerator if we won’t eat them within 2-3 days. They last for 2-3 weeks when they are refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter and mix well. Divide between twelve mini donut molds.
- Combine the ingredients for the crumbs and mix well. They will be large moist crumbs. Spread them with your hands on top of the donut batter. You may need to break apart the large pieces into smaller crumbs.
- Bake for 25 min. If the crumbs start to get too brown you can cover them with foil.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small saucepan over low heat melt the butter and sweetener. Cook on low, whisking occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool for at least 10 minutes. Keep whisking occasionally as it cools to avoid it separating.
- Cool the donuts and put them on a wire rack. Put a clean rimmed baking sheet under them. Spoon the glaze over the donuts. Then scoop up the glaze that dripped off onto the baking sheet and spoon it on them again. Repeat. This helps them get a nice thick coating. You will notice that the glaze keeps thickening.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!