Cinnamon Roll Easy Protein Balls made in just a few minutes with a few simple ingredients you already have on hand. These are an excellent snack or grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings.
Cinnamon Roll Easy Protein Balls – Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free, Dairy-Free, THM S
Hiya everyone! This is Lindsay again from over at That’s Low Carb and today we are bringing you a recipe I’ve been making these past couple months for a quick on-the-go snack.
I have a hard time having enough time in the morning. I find myself running around the house every morning almost late for my spin class. Therefore a quick portable breakfast on-the-go is almost mandatory these days. These Cinnamon Roll Protein Bites are perfect!
Ingredients for Easy Protein Balls
- Peanut Butter – You can opt for any nut butter you would like. Peanut Butter is just what always have on hand in our home.
- Almond Flour – We make our Keto Pancakes every single weekend so having almond flour stocked in the kitchen is a must.
- Powdered Erythritol – You can completely omit this and replace it with additional almond flour if you wish. I like just a tad bit of sweetness myself.
- Then just two spices – Cinnamon and Salt!
How to Make Protein Balls
Just a few ingredients whipped together and you’ll be traveling along on-the-go with a few perfect energy and protein-packed cinnamon bites.
(Note: Scroll down to see the exact measurements you need for each ingredient)
Once you stir everything together you want it to form a ball like you see above.
A Note on the Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Now I find that the dough is just a tad soft if you use all-natural peanut butter. We use the peanut butter that has to be stirred every time to stir the oil back in. So depending on the type of peanut butter or nut butter you use you may have to chill the dough.
Allowing the dough to sit for 30 minutes I’ve found gives the almond flour enough time to ‘soak’ up the oils as well.
I’ve used almond butter before and it also worked wonderfully. If for any reason you find the dough to be too soft for your liking simply adding 2-3 Tablespoons of your favorite protein powder would be a lovely addition.
And that is how these Cinnamon Roll Protein Bites have solved my hectic morning problem. One less thing to worry about and eating on the go. These are perfect for the morning and then I love to make a batch of our Low Carb Peanut Butter Balls for a nighttime treat. Welcome to an insight into my life. I love these types of recipes SO MUCH.
For some other easy snack ideas check out these posts here at Joy Filled Eats:
Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Cinnamon Roll Waffle for One
- In a big bowl mix together all ingredients together. Chill mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes. Roll into 12 bite-sized balls. Sprinkle with a little bit of additional cinnamon, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.