Chicken Saltimbocca is chicken breast with prosciutto and mozzarella in a lemon garlic sauce. I recreated the version from our favorite Italian restaurant so I could share it with you.
This is one of my favorite options for dinner when my husband and I are on date night. The chicken saltimbocca sauce is divine. I get mine with sauteed spinach instead of pasta so I can use the spinach to sop up all the sauce.
I love my new frying pan from Mauviel. It is copper and stainless steel and beautiful.
Even using it the first time I realized copper does live up to the hype. The pan heated quickly and evenly. I was able to get the perfect crust on my chicken saltimbocca.
Now I'm dreaming about all the other dishes I can make in my new Mauviel pan. It is oven proof so a frittata and a Tarte tartin are both on the menu. Maybe a dutch pancake as well. My husband can't wait to try steak in it. He pan sears his steaks and then puts the pan in the oven to cook them to medium rare. Sometimes he'll plop a pat of garlic herb butter on top when they come out.
When I'm in a rush to cook dinner for 4 hungry kids speed is necessary. I really appreciate how quickly this pan heats. It cuts the overall time it takes to get the meal on the table.
Mauviel M'150s Copper & Stainless Steel Frying Pan, 10.2 in
- Bilaminated copper stainless steel (90% copper and 10% 18/10 stainless steel)
- High Performance: Copper heats more evenly, much faster than other metals and offers superior cooking control
- Superior durability: Pans range in thickness from 1.5mm - 2.5mm
- Non-reactive: 18/10 stainless steel interior preserves the taste and nutritional qualities of foods and is easy to clean - no re-tinning.
- Copper cookware can be used on gas, electric, halogen stovetops, and in the oven. It can also be used on induction stovetops with Mauviel's induction stove top interface disc (sold separately)
- Mauviel cookware is guaranteed for life against any manufacturing defects (Warranty not valid for commercial use)
- Made in France.
Since I spend the majority of my day in the kitchen I have come to appreciate high-quality kitchen products. They really do make a difference. It can be worth it to save up and splurge on a good brand like Mauviel instead of buying a lesser quality.
Ingredients for the Chicken Saltimbocca:
4 large chicken breasts, about 3 pounds, cut in half widthwise
4 oz prosciutto (8 slices)
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon glucomannan (thickening agent)
3 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
12 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
After you pan sear the prosciutto wrapped chicken you make the chicken saltimbocca sauce by deglazing the frying pan with the chicken broth. Just add the broth and garlic to the pan and turn up the heat. Scrap any browned bits off the bottom. They give the sauce tons of flavor.
When the chicken is cooked through spoon the chicken saltimbocca sauce on top of it and serve.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 4 large chicken breasts about 3 pounds, cut in half width wise
- 4 oz prosciutto 8 slices
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon glucomannan thickening agent
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz mozzarella cheese thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Preheat frying pan over medium heat. Wrap each chicken breast in a piece of prosciutto.
- Pan sear two or three pieces at a time until golden.
- Transfer to a large baking dish. Top with the sliced mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reads 160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the frying pan with the chicken broth. Just add the broth and garlic to the pan and turn up the heat. Scrap any browned bits off the bottom. They give the sauce tons of flavor. Mix the glucomannan into the lemon juice and add that to the frying pan. Cook until slightly thickened. Turn to very low. Stir in the salt.
- When the chicken is cooked through spoon the sauce on top of it and serve.
Amanda Morrow says
Great recipe! I added some fresh basil under the cheese and some fresh sliced Roma tomatoes then added spinach to the sauce!!
Jenny Woods says
Made this for supper tonight. It is delicious!! I will be making this again. Thanks for the tasty recipe!
I will be making this chicken over and over again!
Jennifer Farley says
Very delicious! I love that sauce!
Amy Adams says
This frying pan is beautiful! It would give my husband some motivation to get that pot rack hung! Hopefully it will have my favorite deep S breakfast cooking in it soon: poached eggs on a bed of steamed greens in bone broth! 🙂 Good luck everyone!