Chicken Saltimbocca is chicken breast with prosciutto and mozzarella in a lemon garlic sauce. I recreated the version from our favorite Italian restaurant so I could share it with you.
Chicken Saltimbocca – Low Carb, Keto, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
This is one of my favorite options for dinner when my husband and I are on date night. The chicken saltimbocca sauce is divine. I get mine with sauteed spinach instead of pasta so I can use the spinach to sop up all the sauce.
I love my new frying pan from Mauviel. It is copper and stainless steel and beautiful. The best part is that not only did Mauviel send me this amazing new pan but they are going to send one to one of my readers as well! This is worth $210.
Even using it the first time I realized copper does live up to the hype. The pan heated quickly and evenly. I was able to get the perfect crust on my chicken saltimbocca.
Now I’m dreaming about all the other dishes I can make in my new Mauviel pan. It is oven proof so a frittata and a Tarte tartin are both on the menu. Maybe a dutch pancake as well. My husband can’t wait to try steak in it. He pan sears his steaks and then puts the pan in the oven to cook them to medium rare. Sometimes he’ll plop a pat of garlic herb butter on top when they come out.
When I’m in a rush to cook dinner for 4 hungry kids speed is necessary. I really appreciate how quickly this pan heats. It cuts the overall time it takes to get the meal on the table.
Want to learn a little about the amazing pan you can win? Here is some info from Mauviel’s website:
Mauviel M’150s Copper & Stainless Steel Frying Pan, 10.2 in
- Bilaminated copper stainless steel (90% copper and 10% 18/10 stainless steel)
- High Performance: Copper heats more evenly, much faster than other metals and offers superior cooking control
- Superior durability: Pans range in thickness from 1.5mm – 2.5mm
- Non-reactive: 18/10 stainless steel interior preserves the taste and nutritional qualities of foods and is easy to clean – no re-tinning.
- Copper cookware can be used on gas, electric, halogen stovetops, and in the oven. It can also be used on induction stovetops with Mauviel’s induction stove top interface disc (sold separately)
- Mauviel cookware is guaranteed for life against any manufacturing defects (Warranty not valid for commercial use)
- Made in France.
Since I spend the majority of my day in the kitchen I have come to appreciate high-quality kitchen products. They really do make a difference. It can be worth it to save up and splurge on a good brand like Mauviel instead of buying a lesser quality.
Ingredients for the Chicken Saltimbocca:
4 large chicken breasts, about 3 pounds, cut in half widthwise
4 oz prosciutto (8 slices)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 tsp glucomannan (thickening agent)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
12 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
After you pan sear the prosciutto wrapped chicken you make the chicken saltimbocca sauce by deglazing the frying pan with the chicken broth. Just add the broth and garlic to the pan and turn up the heat. Scrap any browned bits off the bottom. They give the sauce tons of flavor.
When the chicken is cooked through spoon the chicken saltimbocca sauce on top of it and serve.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Preheat frying pan over medium heat. Wrap each chicken breast in a piece of prosciutto.
- Pan sear two or three pieces at a time until golden.
- Transfer to a large baking dish. Top with the sliced mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reads 160 degrees when checked with a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, deglaze the frying pan with the chicken broth. Just add the broth and garlic to the pan and turn up the heat. Scrap any browned bits off the bottom. They give the sauce tons of flavor. Mix the glucomannan into the lemon juice and add that to the frying pan. Cook until slightly thickened. Turn to very low. Stir in the salt.
- When the chicken is cooked through spoon the sauce on top of it and serve.