Keto Funfetti Cookie Bites are vibrant, flavorful, and bring life to any party. These easy mini sugar-free sugar cookies are as tasty as they are cute. They are also gluten-free, grain-free, and low carb.
If you are like me, I am sure when you first started keto; you were excited and happy to lose weight but torn because you knew you were giving up sweets. Well, in the keto world, foods have come a LONG way, and now you can enjoy all sorts of foods. I am the most excited about sugar-free sprinkles.
It’s impossible not to have a smile on your face when you are eating something with sprinkles, right? Okay, maybe it’s just me, but I love anything with sprinkles. These sugar-free sprinkles also happen to taste so yummy too. I usually sneak a couple while I am making the keto sugar cookies, but can you blame me?
What You’ll Need
- Almond Flour - Almond flour has a mild flavor that makes it a good gluten free substitute for wheat flour. But, if you can have almonds a good substitute is sunflower seed flour. It can be used 1:1 in place of almond.
- Butter - I always use salted butter when baking. I find that it enhances the flavor of my baked goods.
- Sweetener - I use my combination of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes but offer suggestions within the recipe card for substitutions. It is helpful to read through any reader comments as well.
- Gelatin - This is the binder in this recipe since it does not have eggs. If you do not want to use gelatin you can add in an egg yolk but the cookies will be more cakey than crisp.
- Vanilla, Almond, & Butter Extracts - It is this particular combination that gives these that funfetti cake mix flavor.
- Sugar Free Sprinkles - I absolutely love the sprinkles from The Sprinkle Company. They are all sugar-free and there are many different colors and shapes!
How To Make Keto Cookies
These keto Funfetti cookie bites will great for pretty much any occasion. It’s a bonus that they happen to be so simple to make. Here are the step-by-step directions to get you started.
First Step: Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Second Step: Add the almond flour, butter, sweetener, gelatin, vanilla, almond extract, and butter extract in a food processor. Combine until a cookie dough ball forms. It typically takes 2-3 minutes at high speed. Add the sugar-free sprinkles and pulse until they are combined into the dough.
Third Step: Form the dough with your hands into an 8x10 inch rectangle. It should be around ½ inch thick.
Put the rectangle onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Cut the cookie bites into ½ inch squares and separate the cookies. I ended up with an 8 x 12 grid and 96 cute little keto sugar cookies!
Step 4: Bake the funfetti cookie bites for 8-10 minutes or until the edges have become light brown. Cool completely, serve, and enjoy!
How Do You Store Keto Funfetti Cookie Bites?
For best results, place the almond flour sugar cookies in an airtight container. They will last 3-5 days at room temperature. As long as they are kept airtight and away from heat sources such as sunlight, steam, or the stove, you shouldn’t have any trouble with them lasting.
Keto Sugar Cookie Tips
- Don’t overmix the cookie dough, or it can incorporate lots of tiny air bubbles. Then as the cookie bites bake, they will pop and leave the cookies dense and dry.
- Add various colored sprinkles for different holiday themes. They are festive and fun for all sorts of events like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, or Easter.
- Drizzle some homemade sugar cookie frosting over the top of the baked cookies. Make sure it’s a thin drizzle, so they don’t overtake the bites.
- Place the keto sugar cookies in a jar or box and add some ribbon to give them away as gifts.
Can You Freeze Sugar-Free Sugar Cookie Bites?
Yep! I find it’s best to flash freeze the cookie bites on a baking sheet for 1-2 hours. Just make sure when you freeze the sugar cookie bites on the baking sheet that they aren’t touching. This will keep them from sticking together. They don’t take long to freeze up; then you can remove them from the pan and put them in a freezer-safe container. You can quickly and easily grab out a handful whenever you need them. Normally, they will last 2-3 months.
Can I Swap The Almond Flour for Coconut Flour?
Nope! These cookies really need almond flour to end up the right texture. They will be crumbly and not stay together if you use coconut flour. Plus, they would be super dry and just not very good. So, stick to almond flour when you make these keto sugar cookies.
Do I Need To Refrigerate The Cookie Dough?
No, you don’t need to refrigerate the sugar cookie dough before baking the cookies. I know that there are plenty of traditional sugar cookie recipes that need refrigerated, but this one isn’t like that. You can simply prepare the cookie dough and bake the funfetti cookie bites. There isn’t much easier than that.
Keto Funfetti Cookie Bites
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the dough ingredients (except the sprinkles) in the food processor and process until a ball of dough forms. This takes 2-3 minutes at high speed. Add the sprinkles and pulse just until they are evenly distributed.
- Press into an 8x10 inch rectangle, ½ thick, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cut into ½ inch squares. Separate the cookies. (Make sure to look up at my photos to see this step by step!)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.