Glazed Maple Walnut Cookies. Tender maple flavored cookies with a hint of cinnamon and a maple glaze. These remind me of visiting family in New Hampshire and honeymooning in Quebec with every bite.
Maple is one of my favorite flavors. It is hard to duplicate in healthy recipes without using real maple syrup. To my taste buds, most of the extracts have a yucky aftertaste.
Playing around with this recipe I realized that adding cinnamon enhances the flavor of the maple extract and covers the aftertaste. You can barely taste the cinnamon and the maple flavor is the star.
Yesterday we celebrated Christmas with my extended family. I was full after dinner so I only snagged one cookie from the cookie tray. One of these Glazed Maple Walnut Cookies was my choice.
Glazed Maple Walnut Cookies – Low Carb, Grain/Sugar/Egg Free, THM S
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Tag me on Instagram: @joyfilledeats, and leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
Yields 16 cookies
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 stick cold salted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend), divided
- 2 tsp gelatin
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend), finely ground
- 1 tbsp half and half
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maple extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until they are finely chopped. Add the butter, almond flour, coconut flour, 2/3 cup of the sweetener, gelatin, maple extract, and cinnamon. Pulse until wet crumbs form.
- Divide the dough into 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Put on the prepared baking sheet and press down gently.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool completely.
- Stir together the ingredients for the glaze. Brush it on top of the cookies with a pastry brush. Put the cookies in the refrigerator to chill. The glaze will harden in the refrigerator so you can stack the cookies.
|Amount Per Cookie, 16 per recipe|
Total Fat 12.5g
Saturated Fat 4.6g
Total Carbohydrates 2.0g
Dietary Fiber 1.2g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 0%