If you need an easy but impressive appetizer for entertaining try my Brie Appetizer Bites with Raspberry. Only 8 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep and they are beautiful enough to wow your guests.
Brie Appetizer Bites with Raspberry Low Carb Keto Gluten-Free Grain-Free THM S
I’ve grown to love brie cheese over the last few years. The tang of it goes perfectly with a glass of wine as a starter for a holiday dinner or party any time of year. I prefer my brie paired with a bit of sweetness such as sweetened cranberries or jam. Skip the crescent rolls and use a little mozzarella dough to make this favorite much healthier.
Keto Party Apps
These Brie Appetizer Bites are the perfect app to just pick up and pop into your mouth. They eliminate the need for plates and forks. You can pair these with my Bacon Cheddar Mini Cheese Balls, French Onion Tartlets, and Classic Mini Quiches for a complete cocktail party menu. Both the tartlets and mini quiches use a similar dough so it is easy to double or triple the dough recipe and make a few different types of appetizers.
How to make Mozzarella Dough the easy way
My trick for mozzarella based dough is to use a food processor. It is fast and easy to get a uniform dough by just dumping in the melted cheese with the rest of the ingredients. No strings of cheese appearing in your dough any longer. Add the ingredients and in the press of a button, you have a beautiful dough perfect for any recipe.
The first place I ever saw a mozzarella based dough was on the blog Up Late Anyway in her Cheese Danish Recipe. After that, I modified it with my own tweaks and have used it in countless recipes. A few of my favorites are my Healthy Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls, White Spinach Keto Pizza, and Chocolate Filled Crescent Cookies.
How to make Brie Appetizer Bites
After mixing the dough I use a small one tablespoon-sized cookie scoop to add it to a greased mini muffin tin. This helps each brie appetizer bite to be the same size and cook evenly.
Next, press a well into the center with your thumb so you have a spot to add the brie after baking.
While the dough cups are baking cut some brie cheese into small cubes. I used about 4 ounces of a larger wedge to get 36 small cubes. They are about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch cubed.
Immediately after removing the dough cups from the oven put a cube of brie into each one. The heat from the dough will melt the cheese.
Top with raspberry jam and chopped frozen raspberries and your brie appetizer bites are complete. Using frozen raspberries helps since they chop easily without making a gooey wet raspberry mess. The warmth of the dough will also melt the frozen raspberries in just a few moments. Add a sprinkle of a powdered sweetener such as Swerve, if you’d like, and they are ready to serve.
Other types of Brie Bites
This base recipes of dough cups topped with a square of brie cheese can be transformed for any palate. If you like your brie to be savory add a little chopped roasted garlic on top instead of the jam, or sauteed onions and thyme, or even crisp bacon. Bacon goes well with just about anything, including brie appetizer bites.
- 4 oz brie cheese
- 2 tbsp no sugar added raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries chopped
- powdered sweetener optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 36 holes of 2 mini muffin tins generously with cooking spray.
- Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds until uniform and gloopy (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Add the rest of the dough ingredients and the cheese to a food processor. Mix using the dough blade until a uniform color. Once it is a uniform color use a small cookie scoop to divide the dough between 36 holes of 2 mini muffin tins to make 36 brie appetizer bites. Use your thumbs to make a well in the center of each (it helps to wet your thumbs so the dough does not stick to them).
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed up and golden brown.
- Immediately after removing the cooked dough cups from the oven add a cube of brie to the center of each dough cup. Use a butter knife to pop out the appetizer bites. They should release very easily. Transfer to a serving platter. Top each with a little of the jam, chopped raspberries, and a sprinkle of powdered sweetener, if using.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!