These Glazed Cinnamon Vanilla Almonds are the perfect sweet treat for when you are on the go. You can keep a little container in your purse to help avoid tempting sweets on the road.
Glazed nuts are one of those snack foods I could just eat by the handful. I try to refrain from doing that but eating these by the handful is still an awful lot better than most of the sugary store-bought varieties. They store well at room temp for a grab and go snack and only take about 5 minutes of hands-on work. It is easy to have a batch in the pantry at all times.
These are really really really easy to make. You just melt the sweetener, add the vanilla and cinnamon, and then stir occasionally as they cool.
I made these about a month ago and they've kept well at room temp. I just put them right back into the container the almonds came in when they cooled.
You can see how the sweetener hardened into a sugary coating in this photo. Cool, right?
Glazed Cinnamon Vanilla Almonds - Low Carb, Grain/Gluten/Sugar/Dairy/Egg Free, THM S
2.5 cups roasted salted almonds
1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
In a medium saucepan melt the sweetener. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Remove from heat. Add the almonds. Stir every 10-15 minutes as they cool. The syrup will continue to thicken and harden. Once they are coated with all the syrup pour onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Cool completely, still stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Yields 12 servings
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2.5 cups roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener blend)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat cook the sweetener until it is melted. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Remove from heat.
- Add the almonds. Stir every 10-15 minutes as they cool. The syrup will continue to thicken and harden.
- Once they are coated with all the syrup pour onto a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Cool completely, still stirring occasionally. Store in an air tight container.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 13 g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g|
|Trans Fat g|
|Sodium 83 mg||3 %|
|Potassium 185mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||14 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 6 g||12 %|