This Sausage Pizza Dip will be your favorite party dip. It has all the flavors of the best sausage pizza in an easy and healthy dip that pairs perfectly with fresh veggies.
Oh, how I love pizza dip. My friend Jaclyn makes it for all of her parties and she was the one who gave me the first recipe I used. It is so easy. I've made it dozens of times over the last 7 or 8 years. A block of cream cheese, tomato sauce, mozzarella. Three ingredients. Done. I make it that way a lot of the time and if you are pinched for time or are a vegetarian you can make this that way too.
However, I decided to kick it up a notch and add crumbled sausage because that is one of my favorite pizza toppings. The other is mushrooms. It has to be crumbled sausage, not sliced. And the mushrooms have to be fresh, not canned. Either or on a traditional piece of pizza and I'm in heaven.
When to eat Easy Sausage Pizza Dip
All the time. This is a great appetizer but I've also been known to make a smaller batch of this sausage pizza dip and just eat it for lunch with fresh veggies.
What to serve with Keto Pizza Dip
I like this sausage pizza dip best with sweet peppers or thinly sliced raw zucchini. I never realized how much I like raw zucchini until a few years when I got a spiralizer and began making a zoodle salad. Raw zucchini has so much crunch and a nice, mild flavor that pairs well with so many other tastes.
Tips for Cooking Sausage
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ cup no sugar added pasta sauce I use Classico Roasted Garlic
- 2 cups cooked crumbled sausage about 1 pound
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate. Spread the tomato sauce on top. Top with the cooked sausage. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.