Are you looking for super fun keto Halloween recipes? These Keto Mummy Dogs are it! They're not only kid-approved, but they're a fun and easy dinner to eat right before going trick or treating! They're also gluten free as well.
Halloween is a fun time of the year because of all things spooky and scary. It's also a great time to make fun Halloween recipes that the kids will find delicious hilarious as well.
I'm always looking for new ideas and these Keto Mummy Dogs were a huge hit the first time I made them.
Not only that, but it created a fun new tradition for us as a family because this recipe is easy enough for us to make together, too. It's a fun bonding moment before everyone sprints out the door to go trick or treating that we all look forward to every year.
Make sure to check out my Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Pumpkins, Pumpkin Spice Truffles, and my Pumpkin Dump Cake for other fun sweets and keto Halloween treats for fall. I frequently have to remind myself to step away from the Halloween candy and candy bars after my kids go trick-or-treating so having a few desserts on hand for myself is a must.
A handful of ingredients is all you need to get started. You're going to love this fast and easy low-carb Halloween recipe.
- Mozzarella cheese - If you're not a fan of this type of cheese, vary it up and use what you have.
- Cream cheese - Adding cream cheese mixed with the mozzarella cheese gives a creamy texture.
- Almond flour - This is one of the main ingredients needed to make the outer "mummy" layer.
- Pork rinds - The crunch and flavoring of the pork rinds are perfect.
- Egg - The egg is the binding agent to hold all the ingredients together.
- Baking powder - A must-have when baking at home.
- Hot dogs - You can use any variety: beef, turkey, chicken, or veggie dogs.
- Mustard - This is optional but adds flavor.
How To Make Keto Halloween Recipes - Keto Mummy Dogs
This low-carb Halloween recipe is such a fun treat for the day.
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350.
Step Two: Melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a glass bowl in the microwave or in a frying pan over low heat. It should be completely melted and look like fondue before proceeding.
Step Three: Add the melted cheese, almond flour, pork rinds, egg, and baking powder to a food processor. Mix until the dough comes together into a ball. Alternatively, you can mix by hand but may need to knead the dough to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly.
Step Four: Press the dough into a large rectangle between two sheets of parchment paper.
Next, cut thin strips with a pizza cutter.
Wrap the strips around the hot dogs and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Step Five: Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
Variations & Substitutions
Pork rinds: The great thing about using pork rinds in this recipe is that you can change the flavor of the pork rinds to change the taste of this Halloween recipe. From spicy to salt and vinegar, this subtle change can result in a huge flavor change.
Cheese: As mentioned above, you can really use any type of cheese you'd like, so have fun and see what you and the kids prefer.
What else could you use for the mummy eyes?
I like to use mustard, but ketchup, BBQ sauce, or even some ranch could be fun! You can use any condiment that you have in the house.
What if the strips won't stay on the hog dog?
You can always use a toothpick to pin them onto the hot dogs. They should stick just fine and then hold well after being baked, but if not, a toothpick should do the trick.
Just be sure to remove the toothpick after you're done baking, so it's not in the way.
What are good dip ideas to serve with these Halloween mummy dogs?
Even though they're delicious on their own, dips are fun, too! Of course, ketchup and mustard will be the most popular but making your own cheesy dip as an option is sure to be a hit as well.
How do you reheat leftover keto mummy dogs?
Leftovers are always great to have, and these keto dogs are simple to heat up. Just put them on a baking sheet and heat them low and slow in the oven, or add them to your microwave for a few short seconds of time, too.
Please make sure the kids know that the middle will be hotter than the outside to not burn their mouths.
More Keto Halloween Recipes
Here are some great low-carb Halloween recipes for desserts, appetizers, and entrees from my blogger friends. Whether you are just celebrating at home or are hosting a big Halloween party you will want to check these low-carb Halloween treats out.
Halloween Keto Spider Web Deviled Eggs are a great scary Halloween Low Carb Recipe for your monster party.
Keto Ghost Meringue Cookies are easy to make, cute, and delicious keto Halloween cookies!
Halloween Sugar Free Deviled Jell-O Eggs are sweet and pretty for Halloween! And they are sugar free, so you don’t have worry about calories or blood sugar!
Keto Mummy Jalapeno Poppers are a fun Halloween twist on a classic.
Pizza Skulls are a fun low carb Halloween keto pizza dinner recipe! Try out this fun cauliflower Mexican pizza topped with olives, radishes, tomatoes and more to share with the whole family.
Halloween Swiss Roll is and will satisfy all of your chocolate and pumpkin cravings on your keto diet this season.
Pumpkin Hand Pies are a flaky keto pie crust that’s easy to make, and easy to fill with your favorite keto pumpkin pie filling this fall! These pumpkin hand pies are gluten free and refined sugar free too!
Witch Finger Breadsticks use a gluten free dough, herbs and spices you will have a hauntingly delicious appetizer for your next Halloween party. Only 1.5g net carbs per stick.
Ghost Cupcakes are perfect for your low carb Halloween party! Keto-friendly, gluten free, and sugar free recipe!
Keto Chocolate Halloween Cookies are a fun treat without the carb count!
Mummy Celery Sticks are cute and yummy and almost zero-carb. When it comes to crunchy low-carb snacks, you can’t beat celery stuffed with something creamy.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a glass bowl in the microwave or in a frying pan over low heat. It should be completely melted and look like fondue before proceeding.
- Add the melted cheese, almond flour, pork rinds, egg, and baking powder to a food processor. Mix until the dough comes together into a ball. Alternatively, you can mix by hand but may need to knead the dough to thoroughly incorporate the ingredients.
- Press the dough into a large rectangle between two sheets of parchment paper and cut thin strips with a pizza cutter. Wrap the strips around the hot dogs and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Optional, use a toothpick to put little dots of mustard onto your mummy dogs for their eyes.