White Hot Chocolate Bombs are incredibly irresistible, decadent, and the best gift idea ever. Sipping on a warm mug of hot chocolate just got even better. Rich white chocolate steals the show in these low carb, keto-friendly, gluten-free, and grain-free treats.
These cozy and popular hot chocolate bombs are so amazing I couldn’t wait another second to share them with you. Not only do these white hot chocolate bombs make beautiful gifts, but they are also an incredible way to get the entire family together.
The kids will love drinking the hot chocolate, but even more, they will have a blast helping you make them. Older kids can help with the chocolate, while the younger kids can help put together the white hot chocolate mix.
While the sugar-free sprinkles are totally optional, I recommend including them because they add a “pop” of color and make them appear even more festive. Plus, the kids will LOVE them (and I know you will too.)
What You’ll Need
- Heavy Cream Powder - This is my secret ingredient for a rich and creamy hot chocolate mix. You can use coconut milk powder or regular whole milk powder, but the nutrition facts will change.
- Sugar-Free Sweetener - I use my blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia. You can also sub in another sweetener of your choice.
- Sugar-Free White Chocolate Chips - I used ChocZero white chocolate chips because they melt easily. You can save 10% with code "joyfilledeats".
- Sugar-Free Sprinkles - Made by hand in the US!
How To Make White Hot Chocolate Bombs
It’s hard to believe you can prepare something so elegant with so few steps, and it’s pretty much painless to make. Here are the easy to follow steps.
Step One: Heat up the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir it and melt for an additional 15 seconds. Stir again, and keep heating as needed until it’s around 75% melted. At that point, finish stirring until all the chocolate has melted.
Step Two: Take a spoon and add a heaping teaspoon of chocolate into each of the 2-inch mold cavities. Take the back of the spoon and use it to push up the chocolate, so it’s along the edges. Then as the white chocolate begins to set up, continue to use the spoon to push the chocolate towards the top again. This will make the chocolate shell thicker.
Step Three: Add one heaping tablespoon of the homemade white hot chocolate mix and pour it into one side of the spheres.
Then add some melted chocolate along the edge of the spheres and add the top pieces.
Add any extra chocolate you want on the outside by drizzling it, then adding some sprinkles. Place them in the fridge until they are set up.
To Serve: Add one of the white hot chocolate bombs to a cup and pour in the hot milk on top. Stir well, serve, and enjoy!
Why Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- They are a blast to make!
- Hot chocolate bombs are magnificent gifts.
- Kids love to help you prepare them.
- Your cup of hot chocolate is much creamier and richer.
- You can easily customize them and add extra keto-friendly ingredients to them.
- Add all sorts of sprinkles and toppings to fit your need.
- They are lovely to serve at birthday parties, holidays, or whenever you want something special.
Is It Okay To Use Water Instead of Milk?
Yep! I prefer the flavor and texture of using almond or coconut milk because it’s much creamier. However, you can totally use hot water instead. It’s an easy recipe to customize, and using water is just one option that will work well.
How Do You Get The Chocolate Out Of Mold Without Breaking It?
Making anything in a mold and removing the chocolate out of the mold can be frustrating if it breaks. However, when using silicone molds, it’s a much easier process. Use a good-quality mold that is made for working with chocolate. Thankfully, candy making molds have come a very long way over the years, and it’s much easier to work with nowadays.
You must allow the chocolate to set up all the way before you try to remove it from the mold. Otherwise, it might break reasonably easily. You can also lightly tap the exterior of the mold before you take them out. This will help loosen the edges. It’s so important to be gentle when removing the chocolate because fast movements can result in broken chocolate.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & a 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
- 1 cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener
or see alternatives in recipe notes
- 1 cup heavy cream powder
- 1 cup sugar-free white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract optional
- 6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- Microwave the sugar-free chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. If they aren't completely melted microwave at 15 seconds intervals, stirring after each. When they are about 75% melted just stir until they are completely melted.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon into each cavity of a 2-inch sphere mold. Use the back of the teaspoon to push the chocolate up the edges. As it sets keep pushing chocolate up the sides to make a thicker shell.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the hot chocolate mix inside half the spheres. Spoon on melted chocolate around the edge. Top with the second half of the sphere. Drizzle with extra chocolate and top with sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate until firm.
- To serve: place a hot chocolate bomb into a mug. Pour 6 ounces of hot milk or water over the white chocolate bomb. Stir until smooth.
OMG! I had never made a hot chocolate bomb before and this one was a fun and super delicious one to strat with! Thanks for the recipe!
This is absolutely delicious! I love that it’s such a crowd pleaser for the whole family
What is the actual hot chocolate mix?
The recipe is under the blog post. It is a combination of sweetener, heavy cream powder, and sugar free white chocolate chips.