Regardless of what you might think, fun holiday cocktails are not off-limits just because your keto! This Keto Orange Vodka Cranberry Spritzer is light, refreshing and perfect to enjoy throughout the holiday season! So easy to make and great for entertaining, this gorgeous, festive cocktail can be made in a pitcher to serve a crowd or by the glass!
Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
Hi guys! It’s Emilie from Tales of a Texas Granola Girl! I cannot believe it’s December already and the holiday season is in full swing! Like so many, this is my absolute favorite time of year! I love hanging out and spending time with friends and family and very often that involves a cocktail! Even though I live a keto lifestyle, I do enjoy the occasional adult beverage and this Orange Vodka Cranberry Spritzer is one of my holiday favs!
This time of year so many foods are heavy and this is a great drink to lighten things up. This spritzer is so easy to make and the components can be prepped ahead of time for quick serving! The magic in this cocktail starts with the cranberries!
How to Make a Keto Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
Typically, cranberry juice is used to make a cranberry vodka spritzer, but since it’s full of sugar it’s definitely off-limits for those on keto. To get amazing cranberry flavor in this drink, we are going to use actual cranberries! Cranberries are very low in sugar and have about 12 total carbs per cup and about 7 net carbs…so completely acceptable for keto in moderation!
So for incredible cranberry flavor without the juice, we’re going to make a cranberry gel and it couldn’t be easier! The cranberries are cooked with orange peel, a little water, and a keto-friendly sweetener till thickened, then strained to create a cranberry gel. Not only is it a great way to get a bright cranberry flavor, but the color it lends to the cocktail is also gorgeous! This cranberry gel can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until party time!
This Holiday Cocktail is versatile
One of my favorite things about this bright, refreshing cocktail is it’s not too sweet! After years of being keto and low carb, I’ve become pretty sensitive to sweets, so I like to use flavored unsweetened or slightly sweetened sparkling water in this cocktail. That being said, if sweeter is your thing, you can also use any sugar-free sparkling beverage you like, ginger ale or lemon-lime soda would be great and also kid-friendly!
Make a nonalcoholic version of Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
A nonalcoholic version of this cranberry spritzer could not be simpler! Just omit the vodka and top off with more sparkling water or soda of choice!
Change up the flavor combinations of Vodka Cranberry Spritzer
This cranberry spritzer cocktail is so versatile! You can use your favorite flavored or unflavored sparkling water in this drink with delicious results. Great keto-friendly flavored unsweetened or slightly sweetened sparkling waters are widely available in stores and the perfect way to change the flavors of this Cranberry Vodka Spritzer up a bit! I love using orange-flavored water to amp of that holiday cranberry-orange flavor combo. Here are a few other flavors that would be fantastic!
- Mandarin Orange
This Keto Orange Cranberry Vodka Spritzer is as gorgeous as it is delicious and great to serve up after a big holiday meal or as a light option for your holiday cocktail party. Make them up a pitcher at a time for easy serving to guests and don’t forget to garnish for some extra holiday flare!
Looking for more keto friendly holiday treats. Come on over and check out some of my holiday season favorites!
- Bacon Wrapped Smoked Shrimp
- Keto Pepper Jack Crackers
- Keto Cowboy Cookies
- Keto Orange Cranberry Cheesecakes
- Butter Pecan Cookies
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries washed
- 3/4 cup monkfruit/erythritol blend sweetener or your 1:1 sweetener of choice
- 1 cup water
- Peel of 1/2 a naval orange
- Pinch ground clove
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 12 oz. vodka
- 48 oz. sparkling Water of Choice, flavored or plain chilled
Garnish: Fresh Cranberries & Orange Peel
To make the Cranberry Gel:
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sweetener, water, orange peel and clove. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring often and breaking up the cranberries as the mixture cooks.
- Strain the cranberry mixture into a bowl using a mesh strainer and set aside to cool. At this point the cranberry gel can be refrigerated for later.
To Prepare the Orange Cranberry Vodka Spritzer by the Glass:
- In a glass, combine 2 tablespoons of the cranberry gel with about 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 1/2 oz. of vodka. Stir to combine. Pour in 4-6 oz. of sparkling water and stir. Finish with ice and garnish with a few cranberries and orange peel.
To Prepare the Orange Cranberry Vodka Spritzer by the Pitcher
- In a large pitcher combine the cranberry gel, lemon juice and vodka and stir to combine. Top off with the sparkling water just before serving. Float a few fresh cranberries and orange peel for garnish and serve over ice.