Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a crowd-pleasing, five-minute prep appetizer. My kids gobbled these turkey pinwheels up when I made them for a party recently. They have a lot of flavor with only a little bit of effort.
Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – Keto, Low Carb, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I am not a football fan. At all. I tried for a while to watch football with my husband when we were newly married but it’s just not my thing. I came to realize it’s ok to have different interests and hobbies. I don’t need to be a super duper Giants fan to have a good marriage.
What I will do is make plenty of snacks for the rest of my family to enjoy during football games. The kitchen is my happy place. Much more than sitting on the couch watching football.
When I saw this video floating around Facebook recently I knew I wanted to make my own version. I’m not a big fan of salami or those jarred peppers so I went with a turkey ranch version instead. My trick for recreating ranch flavor is to use garlic, onion, and dill. I really think dill is the quintessential ranch flavor.
Bacon Ranch Heaven
This is one of my favorite flavor combos if you haven’t realized. I have just a few bacon ranch recipes already. Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole, Bacon Ranch Cheddar Chicken Salad, Bacon Ranch Cheddar Broccoli Salad, and Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Ranch Dip. You can have an entire bacon ranch flavored meal.
How to Make Turkey Pinwheels
Roll cream cheese flat between 2 layers of plastic wrap. Remove the top layer. Add turkey.
Add seasonings. I use a homemade blend of spices to flavor this like ranch.
You do not need a packet of ranch salad dressing mix.
Add cheddar and bacon on top of the cream cheese.
Roll up. Roll up some more. Chill. Slice and serve!
It is helpful to watch the original Facebook video here.
How to Serve Turkey Pinwheels
I sliced these about one inch thick and serve on cucumber slices. You can serve on low carb crackers if you prefer.
More low carb appetizer recipes:
Turkey Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a crowd-pleasing, five-minute prep appetizer. My kids gobbled these up when I made them for the Super Bowl last week. They have a lot of flavor with only a little bit of effort.
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 12 slices smoked deli turkey about 3 oz
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder dill, and minced onion
- 1 tbsp bacon crumbles
- 2 tbsp finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Put the cream cheese between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Roll it out until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Peel off the top piece of plastic wrap. Lay the slices of turkey on top of the cream cheese.
- Cover with a new piece of plastic wrap and flip the whole thing over. Peel off the piece of plastic that is now on the top. Sprinkle the spices on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle with the bacon and cheese.
- Roll up the pinwheels so that the turkey is on the outside. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Thinly slice and serve on top of low carb crackers or sliced cucumber.