Cheesy Smoked Salmon Broccoli recipe for either a delicious side or main meal dinner idea. Made with a few natural and delicious ingredients you'll find yourself making this Broccoli Cheese Sauce Smoked Salmon Recipe in a pinch on a regular occasion.
Broccoli Cheese Sauce Smoked Salmon Recipe - Low Carb, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, THM S
Hey everyone! This is Lindsay again from over at That's Low Carb and today we are bringing you our epic and delicious recipe the entire family will love!
We love being able to bring to you easy recipes to make when you really feel like not cooking anything. This is one of those meals in my household.
We recently moved and have found ourselves a little pressed for time lately so quick, easy and healthier dinners are a must. Back in our old home smoked salmon was always so expensive in the shops that we never gave it a try. Another benefit of living on the coast now though we finally gave it a try and LOVE IT SO MUCH.
This Cheesy Smoked Salmon recipe with Broccoli Cheese Sauce has been a fabulous protein and fiber-packed dinner that fills us.
Making this Broccoli Cheese Sauce Salmon for Meal-Preps?
This Broccoli Cheese Sauce Smoked Salmon Recipe is actually fabulous for meal-preps. It heats up wonderfully and the flavor is out of this world satisfying.
I personally prefer to steam my broccoli. It's the easiest and uses less energy and ingredients. Plus, I find that steamed broccoli holds up better the next day when reheating it back up. We try to make things in batches to avoid having to make dinner each night. More dinners being cooked equals more dishes to clean.
One week I kept making batches of this every night and finally got a break from cooking after making our Low Carb Chicken Meal with Spinach, Goat Cheese and Artichokes. I forgot how nice it was to NOT have to cook and clean-up every night so we began making this Cheesy Broccoli recipe in batches for that exact reason.
You may bake your broccoli if you'd like. It is a fabulous alternative if a steam basket isn't in your kitchen arsenal. You can check out our best low carb baked broccoli recipe to give you an idea on cook time and oil.
- 3 Tablespoons butter (or dairy-free alternative)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (or coconut milk for dairy-free alternative)
- 10-12 churns freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 3 ounces smoked salmon , roughly chopped
- 4-6 cups steamed broccoli
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic cook for about 2 minutes, or until garlic becomes fragrant and toasted.
- Turn heat down to a medium-low. Stir in heavy cream. Keep whisking together until cream begins to thicken. Turn heat down to low heat.
- Add black pepper, salt, parmesan and salmon. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
- Pour over steamed broccoli and serve immediately.
Like what you see? Follow me on Facebook! Love this recipe? Leave a comment & 5-star rating right here! Make sure you don’t miss new recipes by getting email updates!
Sabrina Gonzalez says
Can this be saved for left overs?
Yes, for a day or two. I don't recommend saving seafood dished longer than that.
Excellent!! Whole family loves this!!