These chicken breasts topped with spinach, artichokes, & three kinds of cheese are easy to prep but big on flavor. My Lazy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Breasts are low carb, grain free, gluten free, keto, and THM S.
Lazy Spinach Artichoke Chicken – Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free, THM S, Keto
One of my favorite home date night dinners is chicken stuffed with spinach and artichokes. I have a recipe Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts already on the blog. I’ll try to make a big batch and freeze some for extra dinners. But sometimes I just don’t have the time to make it.
Or the desire to spend that much time touching raw chicken. When my friend Daria & I cook together she does all the raw chicken touching. It doesn’t bother her and it grosses me out. I’ll gladly wash all the dishes if she preps the chicken.
Anyway, I came up with this fast and easy alternative as those stuffed chicken breasts that has the same amazing flavors.
By the time this was out of the oven it was 6:30, my hubby had just gotten home late from work, and we were hangry. Maybe not hangry, but very hungry. So no fancy pictures this time. And I totally forgot to take more of the leftovers. But even without fancy shots with cloth napkins and glasses of pinot grigio doesn’t this look yummy?
And the best part is that it really has about 5-10 minutes of hands-on prep time. All the deliciousness with little of the work.
What to Serve with Spinach Artichoke Chicken?
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with a little salt. Bake the chicken breasts on a large rimmed baking sheet covered with foil for 30 minutes until the chicken is 160 degrees. Remove from the oven and drain the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, artichokes, parmesan, spinach, and seasonings. Mix well. Set aside.
- When the chicken is fully cooked let it cool until you can handle it. Cut each piece through the center into two thin pieces.
- Put them back on the baking sheet. Divide the topping between them. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the topping is hot and golden.