Keto Cake Batter Truffles are the next big thing when it comes to desserts! You can make a small batch in just 5 minutes. These keto cake pops are vibrant, easy to make, and absolutely delicious. This easy recipe is also low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
There are so many things I love about these keto truffles. First of all, they’re brightly colored and perfect for all parties and events. They’re much healthier than other cake batter truffles. These keto cake batter truffles fit perfectly in your hand, so they are great for on-the-go and can be a keto fat bite, just like my Keto Cookie Dough Bites. Honestly, I could go on and on all day telling you all the things I enjoy about these truffles. I’m more excited for you to try them yourself so you can see what I am talking about.
Another awesome thing I want to point out is that you can make a small batch if you just want a couple of keto cake pops, or you can go crazy and make a large batch. No matter how many make, they’re super easy. Sometimes I like to make a small batch, so I’m not tempted to eat the entire thing right away. But I will use the large batch if I am feeding a crowd of people.
I cannot even begin to describe my excitement at finding gluten free sugar free keto sprinkles on Etsy by Nicole of TheSprinkleCompany. I love sprinkles. Love them as much as an adult as I did as a child. The multi-colored rainbow sprinkles are my favorite but holiday and chocolate sprinkles have a place in my heart as well. About 5 minutes after my sprinkles came in the mail I started working on these keto truffles. No joke. I love cake batter anything almost as much as I love sprinkles.
After you make these try your sprinkles in my Funfetti Cookie Bites!
How To Make Keto Truffles
I am going to give you directions for both the small batch and large batch of these keto cake batter truffles. Don’t worry, they’re both very simple and give you the same result. The small batch is for two truffles, and the large batch is for twelve truffles. These are completely no-bake unlike traditional cake balls or my Brownie Balls which use leftover brownies.
Small Batch Directions
Step 1: Begin by microwaving the sugar-free white chocolate chips for 20 seconds or so. Stir them, and you may need to heat them for ten additional seconds. When they are almost melted, go ahead and just stir them until they finish melting. It’s important not to overheat the chocolate, or it will seize.
Step 2: Then, you need to combine the almond flour, cream cheese, extracts, sweetener, and a pinch of the sprinkles. Make two keto truffles with your hands. Then cover each of the balls with white chocolate at a few sprinkles and pop them in the freezer for a minute or so to set the chocolate.
Large Batch Directions
Step 1: Begin by heating the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to heat them up in 15-second intervals making sure to stir each time. When they’re almost melted, go ahead and finish stirring them until they completely melt.
Step 2: Mix the cream cheese, almond flour, extracts, sweetener, and ½ tablespoon of sprinkles together. Use your hands to form 12 balls. Then dip each ball into the white chocolate and add a few additional sprinkles on top. Place the keto truffles in the freezer for a few moments to let the chocolate set.
Do I Really Need To Use All Three Extracts?
Yes, if you really want to have a true cake batter result, it is important to combine all three of the extracts together. You’ll be amazed by how wonderful they taste when they are combined with the other ingredients. If you don’t care as much if they taste like cake batter, you could use just the vanilla and have a vanilla-flavored truffle instead or use almond extract for an almond-flavored truffle.
Can I add a Lollipop Stick?
Absolutely. If you want to make these into keto cake pops instead of truffles go ahead and add a stick.
How Do I Store Cake Balls?
It’s best to keep the keto cake batter truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I think they taste better cold, Plus they just age better. The keto truffles will last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them in an airtight bag or container for up to two months. I've been eating them frozen right from the freezer. Make a batch of these plus a batch of Oreo Cheesecake Bites for when you have a chocolate craving!
How Many Carbs Do These Have?
The nutritional information listed below is for one truffle, which is the serving size. Each truffle is 2 Net carbs. So, even though they are low carb treat, try not to overeat them, or the carbs will start to add up quickly.
Do I Have To Add Sprinkles?
No, it’s not required to add sprinkles to the birthday cake truffles. The sprinkles add some bright color to the already delicious homemade cake bites. If you don’t have any on hand or just don’t want to add them, it’s fine to skip the sprinkles. If you decide to buy them you should be able to make 36-48 keto cake pops from one container of sprinkles.
To buy the sprinkles in my photos visit: TheSprinkleCompany
Love this recipe? Try these keto salted caramel cake balls next!
Small Batch (makes 2 truffles):
- 2 tablespoon sugar free white chocolate chips melted
- 3 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon butter extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon sugar free sprinkles divided (optional but recommended)
- tiny pinch of salt
Large Batch (makes 1 dozen truffles):
- ¾ cup sugar free white chocolate chips melted
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon almond flour
- ⅓ cup cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- .75 teaspoon butter extract
- .75 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar free sprinkles divided (optional but recommended)
- pinch of salt
- Microwave the sugar-free white chocolate chips for 20 seconds. Stir. If they aren't completely melted microwave at 10 seconds intervals. When they are about 75% melted just stir until they are completely melted.
- Mix together the almond flour, cream cheese, sweetener, extracts, and a pinch of the sprinkles. Form into 2 balls with your hands. Cover each ball with white chocolate. Sprinkle on a few sprinkles. Pop into the freezer for a minute to set the chocolate.
- Microwave the sugar-free white chocolate chips for 30 seconds. Stir. If they aren't completely melted microwave at 15 seconds intervals, stirring after each. When they are about 75% melted just stir until they are completely melted.
- Mix together the almond flour, cream cheese, sweetener, extracts, and ½ a tablespoon of the sprinkles. Form into 12 balls with your hands. Cover each ball with white chocolate. Sprinkle on a few sprinkles. Place in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate.