My Keto Breakfast Pockets will become your favorite grab-and-go breakfast! They are freezable so you can just pop one in the microwave before running out the door. You can easily customize them with your favorite breakfast meats and cheeses.
Low Carb, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, THM S
I have a really hard time with breakfast. I have a bad habit of only drinking coffee until lunch if I don’t have something easy to grab.
Pair that with my childhood nostalgia of eating hot pockets and I knew I wanted to make a freezable breakfast pocket that could just pop in the microwave. These Keto Breakfast Pockets fit the bill.
The genius low carb mozzarella based dough is the key to these keto breakfast pockets. My tricks, after making this dough dozens of time, are to get the cheese good and gooey and then mix it in the food processor. This helps to make a perfect uniform dough without threads of mozzarella.
How to make Keto Breakfast Hot Pockets
After you make the fathead dough just form it into circles and fill with your favorite breakfast items.
You just need to scramble a couple of eggs and then fill the pockets and bake. If you’ve made a fathead pizza before you can make this recipe.
What types of filling can I use?
I used chopped Canadian bacon but you can use any cooked breakfast meat.
Bacon, sausage, ham, or my personal Jersey girl favorite, Taylor Ham.
Pork roll to any of you in the southern half of my home state.
Can I add vegetables? Other types of cheese?
These would also be great with some sauteed or steamed vegetables. Mushrooms, peppers, and onions. Broccoli and cheddar. Spinach, tomatoes, and mozzarella. The possibilities are endless.
Feeling gourmet? Fill them with brie, smoked turkey, and a little homemade sugar-free cranberry sauce.
Isn’t that golden dough pretty? I love a good pastry. Savory or sweet, it doesn’t matter. My Spinach & Feta Pastries are also a must make. They are my take on the classic Greek Spanakopita.
Give my Keto Breakfast Pockets a try for your busy mornings!
And then try these:
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 4 oz Canadian bacon or other cooked breakfast meat
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or other cheese or your choice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave one minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds. Stir. At this point, all the cheese should be melted. Microwave 30 more seconds (it should look like cheese fondue at this point).
- Put the melted cheese and the other dough ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a uniform dough forms. (Alternatively, you can mix by hand but make sure to knead the dough thoroughly).
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Press each into a 6-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. It helps to wet your hands. Divide the filling between each circle of dough. Fold in the edges and crimp to seal. Place back on the parchment seam side down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.