We have made my Cheesy Bacon Chicken so many times the last few months that I knew I needed to revamp this recipe to make it grilling friendly.
Grilled chicken is a summer staple in our house but it can get boring. Bacon and cheddar are never boring. I knew that covering the grilled chicken with my easy Smoked Paprika Rub, cheddar, and bacon would take it up a notch.
5-6 chicken breasts, cut in half width-wise (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
2-4 tbsp seasoning rub (I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub – basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika – not an herb rub)
1 cup bacon crumbles
1 cup shredded cheddar
sugar free barbecue sauce, optional, to serve
- 5-6 chicken breasts cut in half width wise (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
- 2-4 tbsp seasoning rub I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub - basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika - not an herb rub
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- sugar free barbecue sauce optional, to serve
- At least thirty minutes before cooking put the chicken in a large bowl and toss with the seasoning rub. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill. (This is optional but we like to spray the grill with grill cooking spray so the chicken doesn't stick). Combine the shredded cheese and bacon crumbles in a bowl.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and 160 degrees. We are big fans of meat thermometers.
- Move the chicken onto a metal pan (I use a disposable aluminum lasagna pans) and sprinkle the cheese oven the bacon. Put the pan back on the grill for about 5 min until the cheese is melted. Serve plain or with barbecue sauce.
FREE Mug Cake Cheat Sheet!
Six delicious low carb mug cake recipes on one printable page to keep on the fridge!
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!