What could be better than tender grilled chicken topped with cheese and bacon?
We have made my Cheesy Bacon Chicken so many times the last few months that I knew I needed to revamp this recipe to make it grilling friendly.
Grilled chicken is a summer staple in our house but it can get boring. Bacon and cheddar are never boring. I knew that covering the grilled chicken with my easy Smoked Paprika Rub, cheddar, and bacon would take it up a notch.
5-6 chicken breasts, cut in half width-wise (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
2-4 tablespoon seasoning rub (I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub - basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika - not an herb rub)
1 cup bacon crumbles
1 cup shredded cheddar
sugar free barbecue sauce, optional, to serve
- 5-6 chicken breasts cut in half width wise (about 2.5-3 lbs.)
- 2-4 tablespoon seasoning rub I use my smoked paprika rub, but you can use a seasoning salt or bbq rub - basically any rub with salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika - not an herb rub
- 1 cup bacon crumbles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- sugar free barbecue sauce optional, to serve
- At least thirty minutes before cooking put the chicken in a large bowl and toss with the seasoning rub. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill. (This is optional but we like to spray the grill with grill cooking spray so the chicken doesn't stick). Combine the shredded cheese and bacon crumbles in a bowl.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and 160 degrees. We are big fans of meat thermometers.
- Move the chicken onto a metal pan (I use a disposable aluminum lasagna pans) and sprinkle the cheese oven the bacon. Put the pan back on the grill for about 5 min until the cheese is melted. Serve plain or with barbecue sauce.