If you like Cinnamon Rolls you have to try these Cinnamon Roll Cookies. They have a delicious cinnamon flavor and cream cheese icing in a cookie form. This amazing cinnamon cookie recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
These have been on my to-make list for months. The first attempt was not nearly as successful as this one. As soon as I started to roll up the dough it fell apart. I saved the day by making it into my crust for my Cinnamon Bun Cheesecake Bars but I still really wanted to make Cinnamon Roll Cookies. I made traditional sugar cookies like this a few years ago and I loved how they came out. This was a recipe I had to healthify.
I spent some time tweaking my recipe over the last couple of months. These cookies are more difficult or advance than some of my other recipes but with a little patience and gentleness, you can make beautiful spiral cinnamon roll cookies too.
Cinnamon Roll Cookies Dough Ingredients:
1 stick cold salted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup almond flour
⅓ cup coconut flour
2 teaspoon gelatin
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon erythritol ***
2 teaspoon cinnamon
*** you can sub in another sweetener but using erythritol works best for this filling
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
2 oz cream cheese
Tips for Cinnamon Roll Cookies
If the dough feels too dry you did not process it long enough in the food processor. You can add an egg white to help bind it but the cookies will not be as crispy.
MORE LOW CARB CHRISTMAS COOKIES:
I hope these Cinnamon Roll Cookies are a success on your cookie tray!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 4 oz cold salted butter cut into pieces
- 1 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- 2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon granular sweetener (1:1 ratio)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon Joy Filled Eats Sweetener (or see alternatives in recipe notes)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the dough ingredients in the food processor and process until the dough comes together in a ball. This takes about a minute.
- Roll out the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with the erythritol and cinnamon. Roll up into a log. Slice into 20 pieces. Put on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down gently so the layers meet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the softened cream cheese and sweetener. Put in a piping bag or sandwich bag with a corner snipped off. Drizzle on top of the cooled cookies.
Toddler approved! And she got all the extra icing on her cookie.