If you are looking for new ways to get some green into your diet or your kids this recipe for Broccoli Cheese Nuggets will be perfect. With only five ingredients it is easy to whip up as a side dish or snack.
Broccoli Cheese Nuggets – Low Carb, Grain & Gluten Free, THM S, Keto
We always have trouble using up leftover cooked veggies. They just don’t taste as good to simply reheat and eat. They really need to repurposed into another dish. I put them into egg bakes and omelets a lot but I was looking for a more versatile use than breakfast food.
I’ve seen so many store-bought versions of veggie nuggets lately I wanted to try to make some without all the added ingredients and fillers. It’s a nice change up from just serving a steamed vegetable at dinner time.
I’m sure you can sub other veggies into this recipe in place of the broccoli. Cauliflower, spinach, and shredded zucchini would all work wonderfully. Or mix it up and use a combination. A bit of shredded carrot would add some color and sweetness. Or some chopped red peppers.
These broccoli cheese nuggets are very simple to prep. Simply mush the broccoli and then stir in the other ingredients.
Scoop onto a tray, shape into veggie nuggets, bake. Complete.
I think you could also make these into cute shapes. The veggie nuggets did hold their shape pretty well. Or bake them in a muffin tin for perfect circles.
I hope you and your family enjoy my low carb Broccoli Cheese Nuggets!
Here is a quick video to demonstrate how easy it is to whip up a batch of this healthy snack!
- 2 cups broccoli florets cooked until soft (fresh or frozen)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a monterey jack cheddar blend)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a potato masher to break up the broccoli into small pieces. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Drop 20 scoops onto the prepared baking sheet and press into a nugget shape.
- Bake for 20 min until firm and golden around the edges.
Get the Keto
Over 75 delicious recipes with photos
for only $14.99!