When life gives you lemons make Lemon Berry Muffins. Especially when life gives you lemons for 10 cents each at the farmer’s market. I bought many lemons that day. I do enjoy the Singing Canary drink from the Trim Healthy Mama cookbook. If you haven’t tried that one yet you should. I was hesitant at first because I thought blending the entire lemon would make the drink overly bitter but it doesn’t. It tastes like a gourmet version of lemonade. I use less turmeric than it calls for and my homemade gentle sweet for the sweetener. My favorite sugar free sweetener is my blend of erythritol, xylitol, and stevia. I have picky taste buds and don’t like those sweeteners separate but when they are mixed together the taste is similar to cane sugar.
Grain free, sugar free, dairy free, low carb, Trim Healthy Mama S, Lemon Berry Muffins. These are so moist and flavorful you’ll never know they are so heathy. I love these for an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
This post may have affiliate links. Thank you for supporting my baking obsession, this blog, and my growing family! If you use any of my links to iherb you save $5 and get free shipping over $20. They have competitive pricing for a lot of staples in THM. The promo code is FQM372 if you need it.
For the muffin batter:
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut flour
3 tbsp gentle sweet sweetener (or my version)
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp lemon extract
6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine melted coconut oil with coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, lemon extract, eggs, and almond milk. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine the berries with 1 tbsp coconut flour.
Divide batter between 12 lined muffin cups. Top with the berries.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges and feel firm when pressed with your finger. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sweetener.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp gentle sweet sweetener (or my version)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp lemon extract
- 3 eggs
- 6 oz unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp gentle sweet
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine melted coconut oil with 1/2 cup coconut flour, 3 tbsp sweetener, baking powder, lemon extract, eggs, and dairy free milk. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the berries with 1 tbsp coconut flour.
- Divide batter between 12 lined muffin cups. Top with the berries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned around the edges and feel firm when pressed with your finger.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sweeter.