This Coconut Waffle with Strawberry Sauce is so easy it is the perfect weekday breakfast. It takes about 10 minutes start to finish.
Most mornings I eat eggs for breakfast. About 9 out of 10 mornings. But sometimes I want something a little different. Since it is a Tuesday morning, and I have 2 of my 4 children underfoot, it had to be simple. Enter the coconut waffle.
All you need are measuring spoons (tablespoon and teaspoon) and two small bowls. I made this batter twice and tried it as waffles and pancakes. The waffle came first but it just needed something. So I tried the pancakes with the strawberry sauce. Perfection. The waffle itself and the pancakes were equally delicious but the pancakes broke when flipping. If you don’t have a waffle iron feel free to make it into messy looking (but super yummy) pancakes.
This recipe also works as a mug cake. Just microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. I had it that way for breakfast a couple days ago.
This makes one large coconut waffle, one mug cake, or three small pancakes. Perfect for one serving for breakfast.
Coconut Waffle with Strawberry Sauce – Dairy/Grain/Gluten Free, Low Carb, THM S
Ingredients for the single serve waffle:
2 T. coconut flour
2 T. coconut milk (I used full fat canned coconut milk)
2 T. finely shredded coconut
1.5 T. Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet (or my sweetener)
2 T. almond milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1/2 t. baking powder
Ingredients for the sauce:
4-8 frozen strawberries
Heat up your waffle iron. Combine all the waffle ingredients and mix until smooth. Grease waffle iron with cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour on batter (it will be thick). Cook until golden. Put on a plate.
Make the sauce. Microwave the strawberries in a small bowl for about 90 seconds until thawed and warmed. Using kitchen shears cut up right in the bowl.
Dump the strawberry sauce on your coconut waffle. Enjoy!
- 2 T. coconut flour
- 2 T. coconut milk (I used full fat canned coconut milk)
- 2 T. finely shredded coconut
- 1.5 T. THM gentle sweet (or my copycat)
- 2 T. almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 4 frozen strawberries
- Heat up your waffle iron.
- Combine all the waffle ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease waffle iron with cooking spray or coconut oil. Pour on batter (it will be thick).
- Cook until golden. Put on a plate.
- Make the sauce. Microwave the strawberries in a small bowl for about 90 seconds until thawed and warmed. Using kitchen shears cut up right in the bowl.
- Dump the strawberry sauce on your waffle. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
Subscribe to my weekly email newsletter on the right of this page.